COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Red or Green
Daughter is fuming today. Having been temporarily deployed to a different hospital where they are short of her skills.
A 78 year old female patient is doing OK - but has one symptom associated with Covid-19. The ward is half empty. Yet this patient is going to be moved to a red Covid-19 ward WITHOUT testing because of this one symptom.
The ward is too open plan with very few rooms off it and the patient could be temporarilly moved 30 feet away from other patients and semi isolated till a test result is available but no, beauracrates are insisting the patient is moved to a red ward.
If she hasn't got Covid-19 now she will have soon.

Last edited:
But not "how to make sourdough bread". It's hard enough trying to buy flour as it is. The whole world has gone on a mad sourdough making spree!
Morrisons near me was selling 16kg bags of the stuff. Made a nice sourdough loaf yesterday as it goes. It's the ones who have made bread before but suddenly started stockpiling that annoy me. I know I appear to be taking your post far too seriously, I'm really not. :-)

What exactly do you suggest? Never go out and never go online? Avoid all contact with humans? I'm sick to death of people. This has already affected people I love and no doubt will affect many more in the coming months due to their behaviour. Fuck em all.
FFS. Wallowing in it online and on TV won’t help. Get out of your flat. Volunteer. Learn a new skill. If you look for the negative everywhere, you’ll certainly find it.

I've found this last week my mood changing somewhat, becoming more lethargic, finding it hard to motivate myself to do anything. I think my wife is feeling the same way as well and trouble is brewing. Anyone else feeling the same?

I have good days and bad days, usually th good days coincide with some decent exercise, push ups body weight squats etc. I know one thing, I am sick of drinking, not even enjoying it but do it for the boredom!

Morrisons near me was selling 16kg bags of the stuff. Made a nice sourdough loaf yesterday as it goes. It's the ones who have made bread before but suddenly started stockpiling that annoy me. I know I appear to be taking your post far too seriously, I'm really not. :-)
From what I gather, there isn't a shortage of flour at all, it's a shortage of small bags of flour. Barely any of the flour produced is packaged and sold to in the 1kg bags people buy in supermarkets, but the vast majority is sold in those giant bags to businesses and the like. So people buying big bags aren't really an issue at all, weirdly enough

FFS. Wallowing in it online and on TV won’t help. Get out of your flat. Volunteer. Learn a new skill. If you look for the negative everywhere, you’ll certainly find it.

I got out of my flat. That was the thing that pissed me off. People. I am learning a new skill and I am doing new things. These things are irrelevant to the selfish cunts whose actions are going to make life very difficult for people I love. No amount of distracting yourself with activities changes those facts really. Its just that. A distraction. I can't do the ignorance is bliss thing and I envy people who can. Life must be a lot easier. I'd wager most of the cunts breaking the rules live like that. And I'm not wallowing in self pity. I'm just fucking angry. There's a difference.

Edit - I wasn't looking for negativity either. I went to the shop. Walking with my eyes closed isn't an option unsurprisingly...

From what I gather, there isn't a shortage of flour at all, it's a shortage of small bags of flour. Barely any of the flour produced is packaged and sold to in the 1kg bags people buy in supermarkets, but the vast majority is sold in those giant bags to businesses and the like. So people buying big bags aren't really an issue at all, weirdly enough
Only about 25% of flour produced normally goes to the retail trade so you are absolutely correct. I have given away a few bags of flour to my neighbours when I managed to find them, (the flour that is) as I always seem to have a large stock of the stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.