COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha you just broke two rules,they are very clear about the garden and I person meeting one person at a time,it is nonsense but that is the new rule,it is then you need to tell it is common sense not me! Less picking more listening !
Anyway people have had enough of us two
Not sure how he’s meeting anyone if he’s 5 metres away and they’re inside whiles he’s out. Same applies for 2 people but some folk just can’t read between the lines and need to have their lives mapped out exactly for them....

So no, he’s broken no ‘rules’.

You ever thought about a career in politics?

You’re right though, it’s just like when I go to see my mum to deliver shopping, she stays in the conservatory, they’ve opened the back gate before I arrive so I don’t have to touch anything, I then stand in the garden and have a chat for 10 mins and usually take one of my kids with me so she can see a grand child too. Simple common sense.
Hundreds of thousands are probably doing the same. Every now and then I'll drop stuff over to my daughter. My grandsons come flying out but I remain on the pavement 2m + away. No hugs or kisses. Drive home.
A "commonsense" approach is what we're being asked to adopt.
Unless some haven't noticed the emphasis is the "commonsense" bit.
But if it needs spelling out:-
STAY ALERT
KEEP YOUR FUCKING DISTANCE
SAVE LIVES.

I can't view the full article for paywall reasons but is this on the back of their article around a month or 6 weeks ago which suggested that the infection had been with us for a lot longer than the first reported cases and there's a good chance we already have developed a good herd immunity or is this totally separate findings? Pretty sure a LOT of doubt was cast upon that report I'm talking about.

Begs the question of why? If they're wrong then how have this group of respected academics at one of the best universities researched the virus and compiled a report on it only for them to be told that they're effectively talking shite. How have they got it so wrong? Or how has everyone else got it so wrong by not listening to them? Must admit, them talking about infections being with us in January didn't sit right with me because surely hospitals would have became overcrowded much sooner and it'd have been picked up on... But then again Oxford uni guys would be aware of this question too so surely for them to compile and submit such a report suggests they'd have some logical answers on that.

EDIT - Another thing. It's Oxford uni who are claiming they'll have a vaccine by autumn and they're going ahead to start producing it beforehand because of their confidence in its success. Are they just being really over optimistic about everything or are we not giving their work enough respect and credence?

Ha you just broke two rules,they are very clear about the garden and I person meeting one person at a time,it is nonsense but that is the new rule,it is then you need to tell it is common sense not me! Less picking more listening !
Anyway people have had enough of us two
I haven’t broken 2 rules, you’re just being obtuse. I’m delivering the shopping which I do via their back gate which brings me through to their back garden where I leave the shopping outside the conservatory door. As again is covered by @inbetween above, they don’t want more than 1 person meeting 1 other to minimise “R”, so it’s pretty fucking obvious that Matt Hancock can’t explain every individual set of circumstances for example, so yes in theory I could tell my son or daughter to stay in the car, however I make the adult decision with a bit of common sense that they help me carry the shopping so they can see their grandma through a pane of glass. It’s breaking ZERO rules.

I assume Morgan realises about the weekend lag since it’s been happening since the start but it doesn’t stop him from trying to fan the flames.

The NHS has had a wee audit audit catch up with todays figures with 4 deaths added from March and 76 from April!

Is there any news on those vulnerable/aged/shielded self isolating for 12 weeks?
We are currently looking after two people, doing the shopping prescriptions etc.
What was the original end date?
I'm not saying at the end that's it, they can come out. I just haven't heard any plans/instructions for them etc.

Last edited:
My mate had a cleaner. Sacked her in the end.
It was after he was late coming to the pub one night. He explained that he was late because he had to tidy up the house because the cleaner was coming in the morning.
The lads all went quiet to let it dawn on him what he had just said!
Cleaners clean they shouldn't have to tidy.

Hundreds of thousands are probably doing the same. Every now and then I'll drop stuff over to my daughter. My grandsons come flying out but I remain on the pavement 2m + away. No hugs or kisses. Drive home.
A "commonsense" approach is what we're being asked to adopt.
Unless some haven't noticed the emphasis is the "commonsense" bit.
But if it needs spelling out:-
STAY ALERT
KEEP YOUR FUCKING DISTANCE
SAVE LIVES.
Not having wrestlemania with you grandkids is a bit of a fecker to be honest.
I can't wait for bubbles.

Last edited:
On a different note. Two residents where my wife works, have now recovered. With others looking like they're bucking the trend too.
Fingers crossed.

* I'm not sure if recovered is the correct term as they only presented(after testing positive) with mild symptoms. Either way, it's a victory and a boost of confidence for everyone there.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.