Aguero 93:20 8th Anniversary 16:53 Wednesday

One was away against the league leaders to win by the smallest margin possible, and one at home against a bottom feeder. I think Arsenal's was better, maybe because I was younger when it happened, but city were about 1/10 to win the title that day ans Arsenal 10/1.
Yes, sober analysis shows the amazing unlikelihood of that Arsenal goal, a good one too. But you'll not convince a single blue: the greater moment was Agueroooooooo!

One was away against the league leaders to win by the smallest margin possible, and one at home against a bottom feeder. I think Arsenal's was better, maybe because I was younger when it happened, but city were about 1/10 to win the title that day ans Arsenal 10/1.

Bet we were about 100/1 to win at 90 minutes. Just cos we needed 2 goals and it wasn’t to pip any old team, always makes it number 1 for me. I’d say it’s the greatest moment in the history of English domestic football

As Tyler said just before Edin scored “If they win the title from here it will never be topped”

Bet we were about 100/1 to win at 90 minutes. Just cos we needed 2 goals and it wasn’t to pip any old team, always makes it number 1 for me. I’d say it’s the greatest moment in the history of English domestic football

As Tyler said just before Edin scored “If they win the title from here it will never be topped”

If it was on ITV, Setanta/ESPN or BT I doubt a sky commentator would hold the same opinion :)

Football was in a very strange place at the time of the Arsenal winner coming so soon after Hillsborough. The unrestrained joy and disbelief of the Aguero moment has never been matched in my completely unbiased opinion

To put the Arsenal vs City debate in more context, it was Order vs Chaos. Also Arsenal only ended up needing to score 1 goal in 38 minutes. City needed to achieve double that, and given the Gods were not on our side after Barton went a bit loopy, we were left with only 3 minutes to do it. As Niall Quinn said...Stupendous.

To put the Arsenal vs City debate in more context, it was Order vs Chaos. Also Arsenal only ended up needing to score 1 goal in 38 minutes. City needed to achieve double that, and given the Gods were not on our side after Barton went a bit loopy, we were left with only 3 minutes to do it. As Niall Quinn said...Stupendous.
giphy.gif

Radio 5 Live commentary with 6-minutes to go of normal time. I give it a listen every anniversary. The orgasmic moment is about 9-minutes in and there’s no Alan Green to spoil the climax! Enjoy!

Click ‘listen in browser’ to listen while remaining on Bluemoon.

Fantastic...thanks for sharing. Never heard that one before. As emotional listening now, as it was 8 years ago.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.