Summer Transfers

Last year i said we need a back up for Sane and everyone started talking about who could play there,obviously i did not know the injury was around the corner and hopefully Braaf can do the back up this year but we do need a left winger, i would buy Rodon to replace Otamendi better all round association trained, cheap price, cheaper wages and will not get upset at being behind Laporte,
Mendi is not going anywhere, we could not sell him, but the other two will go as we need the places for a proper LB/LWB.
This season we need an Aguero back up and that is not Jesus as he will be first choice, i have said before i would go for Isak`s as he is nothing like these two,

On Braff - from the snipits Ive seen he looks decent but its always difficult to tell if he could make the step up but I guess you never know unless you try. However, will Pep consider this? He is always very cautious with young players (not a criticism) and by the sounds of it Braff aint the type to show patience and will probably "do a Sancho" on us.

Id get rid of Mendy at any price..he is a liability for me

Dont know anything about Isaks -who is he?

On Braff - from the snipits Ive seen he looks decent but its always difficult to tell if he could make the step up but I guess you never know unless you try. However, will Pep consider this? He is always very cautious with young players (not a criticism) and by the sounds of it Braff aint the type to show patience and will probably "do a Sancho" on us.

Id get rid of Mendy at any price..he is a liability for me

Dont know anything about Isaks -who is he?
Mendy has made mistakes, but he is certainly not a liability. He is our best LB at present, the main problem with Mendy is he is injury prone. Can understand fans wanting a new LB because of his injuries, but Mendy when fit is very good player.

Mendy has made mistakes, but he is certainly not a liability. He is our best LB at present, the main problem with Mendy is he is injury prone. Can understand fans wanting a new LB because of his injuries, but Mendy when fit is very good player.

And that is a problem. One of a player's attributes, if you will, is their availability. He is rarely available to be picked by the manager. He could be the best in the world but if he is always with his best mates, the team doctors, it doesn't help us much.

I think he is unavailable to play because of injury at about the same rate as the much maligned Roque Santa Cruz.

Last edited:
And that is a problem. One of a player's attributes, if you will, is their availability. He is rarely available to be picked by the manager. He could be the best in the world but of he is always with his best mates, the team doctors, it doesn't help us much.

I think he is unavailable to play because of injury at about the same rate as the much maligned Roque Santa Cruz.
Think he’s been available most of the second half of this season and been eased in slowly, was certainly looking a much better player with each passing game by the time we got closed down. Think he was regaining his and Peps confidence.

Against most PL teams that sit off us he's not that much of a liability. However, against teams like Liverpool or Real Madrid who press at a high level he can be. He doesn't do well at playing out of pressure. Zinchenko is better at it, but then again Zinch is more of a liability at defending against these teams as well.

Against most PL teams that sit off us he's not that much of a liability. However, against teams like Liverpool or Real Madrid who press at a high level he can be. He doesn't do well at playing out of pressure. Zinchenko is better at it, but then again Zinch is more of a liability at defending against these teams as well.

I honestly think Mendy & Zinchenko cant defend & proven in many games.

Both great with no fwd pressure, both can knock a decent cross in the box although Mendy doesnt have a fucking clue where its ending up.

The ice breaker for me is everytime I watch Mendy eventually controll the ball you just know 5 out of 10 passes will not reach a City player.
Add his fitness to the above then Zinchenko wins imo, to be fair Zinchenko on the ball & passing is much better but we need someone who can get up & down just like Ashley Cole & the twat at Liverpool

Angelino & Zinchenko both have excellent qualities but I dont feel confident when defending our last 3rd

Alaba is a great player somone we should be buying

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.