UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the evidence submitted gets published along with the outcome? Could be a very good way to get some really compromising/confidential information into the public domain about certain individuals or activities?

MUG carry an interview with Ceferin: https://www.dumptheguardian.com/foo...ball-with-fans-will-come-back-very-soon#img-1

Covered city briefly:

Before the Covid-19 crisis there was the case and sanction of Manchester City. Is Uefa still supporting the chamber’s findings? Are you still fully behind the guilty verdict and the two-year ban?
Look, the decision was made and now the case is at the court of arbitration for sport and Cas will decide. That’s absolutely all I can say, for two reasons. Firstly, the independent bodies made the decision, I didn’t, and secondly, I really don’t know the case [well enough] and I don’t like people who comment about matters that they don’t know well. There are too many people commenting on different topics that they do not have a clue about.

So the possibility of a deal or a settlement outside court is not an issue for you?
I don’t want to comment on this case any more.

UEFA case apparently is we mislead them! So if Uefa went through our accounts found nothing wrong then these hacked emails showed we found a loop hole on certain sponsors deals but not broke any rules, I wonder how cas would rule over that?! Would they take the hack emails into account?
One of the things CAS will be looking at is whether or not UEFA followed their own procedures. If they didn't, I'm sure City will be happy to have the ban overturned based on that. But City don't want to get off on a technicality, they want complete exoneration.

@City_rabin recently unearthed a quote from FIFA, where they said certain evidence against them should be inadmissible because the source was hacked material. Now if FIFA don't recognise hacked material, UEFA shouldn't be allowed to either, because they are part of the same organisation. FIFA are in effect UEFA's bosses.

I'd be surprised if this didn't enter City's defence, along with our other irrefutable evidence to show that the hacked emails were taken out of context.

This is my (inexpert) opinion.

As the hearing is in camera. This means no one from the general public is allowed into the hearing. My guess is we will have to wait and see when CAS gives it's judgement.

MUG carry an interview with Ceferin: https://www.dumptheguardian.com/foo...ball-with-fans-will-come-back-very-soon#img-1

Covered city briefly:

Before the Covid-19 crisis there was the case and sanction of Manchester City. Is Uefa still supporting the chamber’s findings? Are you still fully behind the guilty verdict and the two-year ban?
Look, the decision was made and now the case is at the court of arbitration for sport and Cas will decide. That’s absolutely all I can say, for two reasons. Firstly, the independent bodies made the decision, I didn’t, and secondly, I really don’t know the case [well enough] and I don’t like people who comment about matters that they don’t know well. There are too many people commenting on different topics that they do not have a clue about.

So the possibility of a deal or a settlement outside court is not an issue for you?

So he doesn’t know the case, didn’t make the decision but attended two CL group games in an attempt to broker a deal between City and UEFA - involving a case he didn’t know about - so he clearly didn’t know we we’re going to be found guilty! - so why seek to broker a deal. Is he thick, stupid or just another narcissistic lunatic from UEFA. He’s gonna struggle under cross examination from a half decent QC on that version of events.

Are you really bothered whether we get banned or not,me personally I hope we never play in that corrupt competition again.
Same here, just tell them we don't want to take part in a competition designed by and won by just the g14 clubs. Citing the corruption as the main reason.

Downside - we lose the money.
We lose the attraction for the best players in the world

Upshot -
We don't have to compete in it.
We can concentrate on our own league whilst the likes of LFC and utd get bogged down.
We are likely to earn a lot through dominating the PL

It would be a stand against it, it would probably hurt us initially but in the longer term uefa are going to collapse with corruption and we will be right.

I dream.

But I used to really want us to win the CL, now I have seen the inner workings and how it is a money machine for the g14 clubs,..... I really don't want city being part of that corruption.

Covered city briefly:

Politics. Ceferin is a lawyer. I'd be very surprised if he hadn't bothered to fully acquaint himself with the full details of our case, given that it is the most high profile case his organisation has ever had, and has far-reaching consequences whatever the outcome.

As the hearing is in camera. This means no one from the general public is allowed into the hearing. My guess is we will have to wait and see when CAS gives it's judgement.
CAS will initially give a brief rendition of their decision. Later, they will expand on the reasoning but the full evidence will not be in the public domain.
We should eventually publish ours but I don't think our owners are generally in favour of that openness.
If we lose and take it to a Swiss court, it could be years before the evidence emerges, in a public case.

So he doesn’t know the case, didn’t make the decision but attended two CL group games in an attempt to broker a deal between City and UEFA - involving a case he didn’t know about - so he clearly didn’t know we we’re going to be found guilty! - so why seek to broker a deal. Is he thick, stupid or just another narcissistic lunatic from UEFA. He’s gonna struggle under cross examination from a half decent QC on that version of events.
He lied.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.