COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
70 cases out of circa 1.4m is 0.005%. That is far better than the 0.8% amongst the PL. Bad news for the 70 who have the virus but if the world has to stop for 0.005% then we all might as well go to Dignitas
In the first 5 days after reopening.
I wouldn’t be so complacent if I were you.

70 cases out of circa 1.4m is 0.005%. That is far better than the 0.8% amongst the PL. Bad news for the 70 who have the virus but if the world has to stop for 0.005% then we all might as well go to Dignitas

The title of that article ("France sees 70 cases linked to schools days after reopening") seems misleading at best when you consider the following quote about 20 lines down: "Given that the incubation period for the virus is several days, people are “likely” to have been infected before the reopening of the schools"

I'm not saying reopening the schools is going to prove a good idea, it's just clear that it's too early to tell. You could just have easily taken everyone associated with the schools reopening and stood them 2 miles apart in a dessert, then tested them all and written an article titled "France sees 70 cases linked to extreme distancing measures".

You don¨t have a pint at the match I take it?!?

Nope not often, and certainly not for a pint of Greenalls bitter which was what was on offer in my days of regular attendance. Even pubs I have walked out of if it involves waiting for ages for a pint. I cannot even begin to understand the daft twats who at Xmas not only queue for half an hour to get in the boozer, to then queue for even longer to get a beer. Daft Twats, oh and having done all the queuing then get financially raped upon coughing up for your drinks. What a load of bollocks that is too.

It might be annoying, but the queuing is to limit numbers in shops, which helps with distancing, if they let everyone in at once then there is no chance of any at all. I've changed supermarkets as a result, to one that is allowing a sensible number in, Tesco's aren't allowing sensible numbers in, they are creating a queue, but the numbers inside are ridiculous, I've tried 2 different ones, but too many inside, and many acting like twats too, so they've lost my custom.

Yes I know, waitrose is pretty good with the numbers, it's my local shop but I only buy bits there as it's expensive. Aldi have become better but the aisles are narrow.

The title of that article ("France sees 70 cases linked to schools days after reopening") seems misleading at best when you consider the following quote about 20 lines down: "Given that the incubation period for the virus is several days, people are “likely” to have been infected before the reopening of the schools"

I'm not saying reopening the schools is going to prove a good idea, it's just clear that it's too early to tell. You could just have easily taken everyone associated with the schools reopening and stood them 2 miles apart in a dessert, then tested them all and written an article titled "France sees 70 cases linked to extreme distancing measures".
The average incubation (median) period is 5.1 days.
95% of infections occur between 4.5 and 5.8 days and 97.5% occur before 11.5 days. So the vast majority of new cases from going back would have been picked up.
https://www.acpjournals.org/doi/10.7326/M20-0504

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.