Summer Transfers

Alright everyone, brand new here and love discussing transfers. Read through this entire post to get up to speed. Put below what ideally the squad would be for me next season

Ideally: (Starters listed first)
GK: Ederson, Steffen, 3rd choice - Perhaps Carson on a permanent?
RB: Walker, Cancelo - No change bc none needed, but Cancelo's agent looks to be getting his name out there
CB: Laporte, Upamecano, Stones or Tosin, Garcia, Dinho
LB: Chilwell, Mendy - I know unlikely but there was a deal last yr. English, PL experience, would be the starter, and still big room for development which Pep will like

DM: Rodri, Gundogan, Dinho perhaps - Dinho I can see being a bit of a utility man a la Milner at pool
CM: KDB, Bernardo, Foden, Aouar, Gundogan

RW: Bernardo, Mahrez
ST: Aguero/Jesus
LW: Sterling, Braaf - a space open for a young lad who's got talent, looks to be some personal issues but the boy's got skill, and we've coped with Jesus going wide when needed in place of Sane so promoting from within keeps JB happy and brings another academy lad through with limited minutes available

Loans for Doyle, Harwood-Bellis. Maybe Bernabe too but think he could be interesting to keep around as AM/FW cover.

More realistically (EG based on strong links & financial realism)

Ait-Nouri in place of Chilwell
Semedo/Cancelo swap.
Maybe a different CB but think Upamecano is the ultimate choice

Nowt wrong with putting your thoughts out there, on goalkeeping i would not put Steffen in there, he had a great season and understands that playing is better than being a non player in a winning team, in short if he stays he will put in a transfer request, if he goes on loan we can see if he outpaces Ederson, if not his price will still go up and the young Irish lad who is the most talented will be just that bit closer. Muric should be our back up he is also club trained and competent

Cheers mate, does that mean bravo and angelino are staying

No they are both gone. I was just listing the outfield players currently in the squad.

We will be selling the majority of our Loan Players too.
Tosin(on loan at Blackburn) will be sold.

The only players on loan who are in the first team consideration(this summer or 2021)
Phillippe Sandler
Pedro Porro
Kluiverth Aguilar
( loan spell from 2021-23 for him I hear)

Stones
Zinchenko

Ilkay
Otamendi

Leroy
David Silva

I might have missed something but that means going into next season with 1 experienced CB Laporte who is injured? Ikay could leave but will probably see his contract out, if he did Havertz would be my choice even at the price quoted

Doubt we'll sell Stones or Gundogan. Stones probably deserves a last chance to play with Laporte and show that he's up for it. That homegrown quota is very valuable for us and we're not gonna find a better HG CB. I can see Stones performing very good in a 3ATB system.

As for Gundogan he's basically Pep's adopted son. I can only see us selling him if we get like 40m+ or if Gundogan himself push for a transfer. Pep will play him until his legs are completely gone

Pep Loves Stones(he really does) and Gundogan. He will not tell or ask them to leave.

What Will happen though is that:

Gundogan will have 8 other Midfielders to compete with.
6 competitor for the CAM spot
2 competitor for the CDM spot

John stones will have to compete with 5 players for a Back up Role(3 young CB + Rodri and Walker) meanwhile
Fernandinho and Eric will be Primary partner to Laporte

Some actually believe this guy? All he does is guess.
Guess we’ll see, 8 guesses or not. I have no idea what I do think though is that with reduced finances this summer it makes more sense that the club are going in this direction than big fees for the usual suspects. He’s been pretty specific so I’ll wait and see, it’s an interesting discussion on a different approach if nothing else.
It seems to tie in with what 93.20blue has been posting as well, would suggest to me Pep is behind it too which would mean an extension.

I might have missed something but that means going into next season with 1 experienced CB Laporte who is injured? Ikay could leave but will probably see his contract out, if he did Havertz would be my choice even at the price quoted

Bastoni(21), Laporte(26), Fernandinho(35)

Rodri And Kyle Walker are CB back ups too.

We are not in for havertz(we view him as a false 9 but our targets are a better fit for us than him) and Gundogan will be sold this summer.

Bastoni(21), Laporte(26), Fernandinho(35)

Rodri And Kyle Walker are CB back ups too.

We are not in for havertz(we view him as a false 9 but our targets are a better fit for us than him) and Gundogan will be sold this summer.
Nah that is still Laporte the only experienced CB in a position where experience is a priority, no disrespect but Fernandinho was poor this season and next will be a bridge too far

I read further up Ezzy that you predicted the squad to be 29 players. City in no circumstance would ever let the squad become so inflated.

They're not going to be buying 4 new youngsters for first team roles, if people like Ihatteren come in, they'll be loaned out and he will not come cheap. I know you're convinced of your sources or information but really your targets and transfer restructure a few pages down reads like a great run on Football Manager - which I'm partial to, but it's not realistic.

Why is your only rebuttal "This is football Manager?" No my friend, open your eyes and look, this is the Transfer market.

3 options for each Position. This is what Josep Guardiola Wants.

Can you take a guess as to how this goal can be realistically accomplished? Hint: Academy & investment in younger players

Nah that is still Laporte the only experienced CB in a position where experience is a priority, no disrespect but Fernandinho was poor this season and next will be a bridge too far

They didn't extend Fernandinho's Contract just for him to begin the season a Squad Player.

Nor did they decide to extend it at the end of January, just because, when the original plan at the start of season was to wait until March/April.

There is a reason we are only linked with an 18 and 20 year old Right-Footed CB.

Pep trust Dinho as a starter 100%

Last edited:
Stones
Zinchenko

Ilkay
Otamendi

Leroy
David Silva

Not replacing kompany was a massive mistake as we all know and if we’re replacing Sané and silva with a load of kids , I can’t help but think we are going to go massively backwards next season but in pep we trust !

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.