COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree it's a positive thing particularly for people living alone. Communities are far too insular and this is one way even for five minutes or so they feel connected. It isn't doing any harm and if people don't want to do it they can stay indoors. It reminds me of the Poznan a few years ago. It looked great, was a laugh and got the atmosphere going. Then some miserable sods decided it wasn't cool anymore and it died out.

Its 100% a community thing for us now. This and the VE Day socially distanced front “garden” picnic have done more for our neighbourhood than anything else, Covid or no Covid. We’re already planning a post Covid party.

It’s one major positive form this period that should be ongoing for us.

Its 100% a community thing for us now. This and the VE Day socially distanced front “garden” picnic have done more for our neighbourhood than anything else, Covid or no Covid. We’re already planning a post Covid party.

It’s one major positive form this period that should be ongoing for us.

Hopefully people are a bit nicer and more community minded from now, though I fear it will fade away.

Me too! The guy next but one being a semi pro golfer in his sixties is going to be either dead or frustrated he isn’t swinging his clubs.

Odd isn't it? I know bits about their lives and them mine but not their names. One old boy in front of me is in his eighties I hope he is there next time we get to go to a game.

Baffles me more that you didn’t just phone an ambulance.
It wasn't me, it was my next door neighbour and I only found out about it after the event. She's 78 herself and presumably didn't want to waste precious resources - I don't know really. But yes I would have phone for an ambulance.

Off for a test at the Etihad this morning, been near my auntie via a family member (same household) who went walking with her (regular exercise with someone outside the household as per the new rules, kept our distance) and she's tested positive got the results back last night.

I'm almost certain I've had it back in March but need to be sure for my work.

Last edited:
Off for a test at the Etihad this morning, been near my auntie (regular exercise with someone outside the household as per the new rules, kept our distance) and she's tested positive got the results back last night.

Unless it’s an antibody test I don’t see the point, you go down without symptoms and the test comes back negative in 3 days but in that time period you could get it! Or the test comes back positive and you should’ve been isolating in that time but haven’t so possibly passed it on!

Off for a test at the Etihad this morning, been near my auntie (regular exercise with someone outside the household as per the new rules, kept our distance) and she's tested positive got the results back last night.

Good luck hope your clear, I had a test last Saturday got the results Sunday impressed with the turn round time, did the track and tracers get you or was it something you sorted yourself?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.