UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
More likely it’s £140m to keep them afloat for the next 12 months. Their match day income is huge so no crowds or visits to the ‘Superstore’ will cost them a great deal. I’d ignore the media bollocks re buying this and that - they are going to take a major pinch ... particularly if the FAs campaign to put them in the CL fails.

This is correct, it was only last week they stated during their terrible quarterly figures that they had £90m cash at bank and a £150m lending facility from Bank of America if they needed it.

In the space of just a week, they have been forced to draw down £140m of it. I know they are pissed that it has come out and media are speculating it is for transfers.

It's not - they need it to run the club - just as we are able to rely on £400m sat on deposit from the Silver Lake deal.

Difference being, that's our own money.

I have visions of the press conference after we (hopefully) win our case and have the ban quashed. The media who have slagged us off are all there. Delaney, Harris x 2, Syed, Glendenning, Conn, Corbett, etc.

Khaldoon walks in, wearing his sunglasses, stands there silent for a moment while he looks into the eyes of the hacks. He then slowly removes his glasses and says quietly "We told you. We fucking told you we were innocent you ****s. Yet you didn't believe us and called us grubby, cheats, liars and things. You insulted our honour and integrity. Now you'll pay the price. Goodbye."

He then walks out, the doors are locked and the hacks wonder what's going on. Just then, a partition at the back of the room opens and there's a cage of snarling wild carnivores in them. Lions, tigers and wild dogs that haven't been fed for days. There's a click and the gate that separates the hacks from these ravenous wild beasts slowly opens....

Well, a man can dream can't he?

Col - must be watching a lot of Gangster things on Netflix - evil thoughts there mate - :)

They may be just preparing the ground on a contingency basis. I don't believe they have any grounds for optimism about the outcome. Like us, they will be hoping, but we have more going for our belief, if only because ppl like Khaldoon don't tell lies.
I feel that City will certainly have contingency plans if things go against us and Gill will have other ways to help United if we are still in CL.

Given Txiki's interview and body language, a happy medium isn't on the cards.

It's understandable after all the clickbait online, that people would be concerned, but once you read things through with a clear head, most of the bluster is simply just that...bluster to generate viewers. Just because its said 1,000 times, doesn't mean it is true.

City believe they have the evidence to show they have done nowt wrong and it 100% says to me that City will NOT be negotiating.
I agree City will not negotiate. If UEFA uphold a ban and fine of any sort my opinion is City will immediately lodge an appeal to the European courts and that is when everything will come out. The CAS hearing is something City have to do at this stage but if they are not exonerated then it will be a long dirty fight. Also in my opinion fans of clubs other than Livarpool United Arsenal and Spurs see this for what it is, a stitch up, unfortunately the media dont comment on this as most of them support those clubs or chase clicks with positive stories on them and negative stories on City. If you look at the comments section on articles relating to City in newspapers the people keeping the narrative going are mainly Livarpool United and Arsenal fans, because they are scared of the truth that City are a well run well organised club who are here to stay.

This is correct, it was only last week they stated during their terrible quarterly figures that they had £90m cash at bank and a £150m lending facility from Bank of America if they needed it.

In the space of just a week, they have been forced to draw down £140m of it. I know they are pissed that it has come out and media are speculating it is for transfers.

It's not - they need it to run the club - just as we are able to rely on £400m sat on deposit from the Silver Lake deal.

Difference being, that's our own money.
I agree, virtually every business in every sector of business including United is working for cashflow and not for profit.

I agree City will not negotiate. If UEFA uphold a ban and fine of any sort my opinion is City will immediately lodge an appeal to the European courts and that is when everything will come out. The CAS hearing is something City have to do at this stage but if they are not exonerated then it will be a long dirty fight. Also in my opinion fans of clubs other than Livarpool United Arsenal and Spurs see this for what it is, a stitch up, unfortunately the media dont comment on this as most of them support those clubs or chase clicks with positive stories on them and negative stories on City. If you look at the comments section on articles relating to City in newspapers the people keeping the narrative going are mainly Livarpool United and Arsenal fans, because they are scared of the truth that City are a well run well organised club who are here to stay.
Newcastle fans must surely now understand as well. The media is doing everything it can to undermine the Saudi takeover with one spurious reason after another. This simply would not be happening if, as previously predicted, the Saudis were trying to purchase United.

I agree, virtually every business in every sector of business including United is working for cashflow and not for profit.

Yes mate, you don't even have to drill down too far re United...

They miss out on a Champions League spot and Adidas hold back £25m on next season.

United have in the last six months handed improved deals of £375k a week to De Gea, £300k a week to Rashford, that's before they again now add back the £12m they were saving paying half of Sanchez's wages.

Nobody is going near Pogba's valuation or in position to improve his own £250k a week.

Without season-ticket money, without corporate money, without automatic cup scheme money, they are fucked.

And that's before you even factor in a global financial depression.

Yes mate, you don't even have to drill down too far re United...

They miss out on a Champions League spot and Adidas hold back £25m on next season.

United have in the last six months handed improved deals of £375k a week to De Gea, £300k a week to Rashford, that's before they again now add back the £12m they were saving paying half of Sanchez's wages.

Nobody is going near Pogba's valuation or in position to improve his own £250k a week.

Without season-ticket money, without corporate money, without automatic cup scheme money, they are fucked.

And that's before you even factor in a global financial depression.
My heart bleeds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.