COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one might be better..

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...how-uk-advisers-reacted-to-coronavirus-crisis

‘’11 February – Prediction that mass testing will end

Sage predicts an eventual end for any attempt at mass testing and contact tracing, saying it is not possible for the UK to accelerate coronavirus testing capacity alongside regular flu testing. It recommendeds that Public Health England establishes a criteria for when “contact tracing is no longer worthwhile”

‘18 February – PHE contact tracing limited

Sage concludes that “priorities would shift during a potential outbreak from containment and isolation on to delay and, finally, to case management”. It says Public Health England could cope with “five new cases a week (requiring isolation of 800 contacts)”, with potential capacity to increase to 50 new cases and 8,000 contact isolations.’

5!!

Christ, only got to these ones so far..

It sounds like @Exeter Blue I am here lives in a rough And apparetly stupid part!
Where I am in Walthamstow is quiet, but I don't tend to go to the central area. The marshes/wetlands aren't completely heaving at weekends.
Some groups of 6 or so, and packs of cyclists clogging up towpaths!

Agree with him that the easing feels too early by a few weeks at least.

I wouldn’t call Sutton or Carshalton rough by any stretch. Not even the huge St Helier estate comes anywhere close to places like Peckham or Tottenham. It’s just that are quite a few nice parks and they are absolutely rammed with people - mainly groups of teenagers, but also family groups - most of whom seem to have completely abandoned social distancing. To be fair, if I was 16 I’d probably happily “forget” about Covid19 as well, if rolling around on a picnic blanket with some bird was on offer.....

From 13th March meeting...

‘24. SAGE was unanimous that measures seeking to completely suppress spread of Covid- 19 will cause a second peak. SAGE advises that it is a near certainty that countries such as China, where heavy suppression is underway, will experience a second peak once measures are relaxed.’

I wouldn’t call Sutton or Carshalton rough by any stretch. Not even the huge St Helier estate comes anywhere close to places like Peckham or Tottenham. It’s just that are quite a few nice parks and they are absolutely rammed with people - mainly groups of teenagers, but also family groups - most of whom seem to have completely abandoned social distancing. To be fair, if I was 16 I’d probably happily “forget” about Covid19 as well, if rolling around on a picnic blanket with some bird was on offer.....

Parts of E17 may be like that, and I may be too wrapped up in myself to notice.

Guess we’re not following the science anymore.

I never really know what they mean when they say we might have to live with this forever and there might always be some sort of physical distancing in place. What does that entail? Football matches with crowds might never happen again? Pubs can't be rammed full on a Saturday night again? Kids can't hug and kiss their grandparents again? Or something as simple as all businesses and organisations must provide more hand sanitizers and do more to actively encourage staff and customers to use them?

Vague statements such as the one quoted only serves to cause panic.

I agree. Basically humans not being humans forever. Problem with trying to write about this creatively.
Best listen to the non emotional virologists & epidemiologists who actually (long term) see positives in this.

I never really know what they mean when they say we might have to live with this forever and there might always be some sort of physical distancing in place. What does that entail? Football matches with crowds might never happen again? Pubs can't be rammed full on a Saturday night again? Kids can't hug and kiss their grandparents again? Or something as simple as all businesses and organisations must provide more hand sanitizers and do more to actively encourage staff and customers to use them?

Vague statements such as the one quoted only serves to cause panic.

People won't live this way, it will be a kind of slow living death. Better to keep partying until you succumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.