COVID-19 — Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I live in London and I can tell you it’s fucked. Since the ending of lockdown 2 weeks ago, no-one has given a flying fuck about social distancing. No-one has masks on public transport, the parks are rammed with large groups of teenagers draped all over each other, no-one ever gets out of the way on a pavement or in a shop, front gardens have become plastic chaired meeting places for friends and neighbours every evening, and indeed the only nod to social distancing at all are the queuing systems still in place at the large supermarkets. In my opinion, there is no prospect of ever getting the genie back in the bottle if a 2nd lockdown is required, which it unquestionably will be the way we’re going. We are sleepwalking into an almighty second wave, and instead of getting a grip on any of it, all that mussy haired Tory bastard in Downing Street does is keep serving up further “easings”, without waiting to see what impact the previous easing has had, first. I wouldn’t want to be working for an NHS Trust here in about 3 weeks time.

Can only see the same happening up here. Give someone an inch and they will take a mile. The only difference being I think Sturgeon would have no qualms about rolling back to a strict lockdown.

Is it possible that the Gov knows it has made many mistakes and this latest relaxation is an attempt to cover all by ultimately blaming the public for not conforming?
In other words the Gov has a win, win of blame the medico and / or the public, we did our best.

Is it possible that the Gov knows it has made many mistakes and this latest relaxation is an attempt to cover all by ultimately blaming the public for not conforming?
In other words the Gov has a win, win of blame the medico and / or the public, we did our best.

There will be an inquiry and blame will be apportioned equally, but by the time it delivers its findings, those left alive will be reeling so much in the economic fallout that the horror of this time will be but a distant memory.

At least we’re following the ‘best medical advice in the world’!

It's one thing having the advice but the timing and order of decisions are down to the politicians (informed by the evidence). It looks like the timing (late lockdown) and order (eg closing borders after easing the domestic lockdown) may have been very significant in our death toll. I just hope that the infections and deaths continue to diminish.

It's one thing having the advice but the timing and order of decisions are down to the politicians (informed by the evidence). It looks like the timing (late lockdown) and order (eg closing borders after easing the domestic lockdown) may have been very significant in our death toll. I just hope that the infections and deaths continue to diminish.

Tbf the Sage advice on the 13th March was that seeking to completely suppress the virus (lockdown) would lead to a 2nd peak.

This was John Edmunds from Sage in that date.

I think it’s clear that the science unfortunately got it wrong at the start of the epidemic here.

Feels like we're running on a barely healed broken leg while everyone else is tentatively taking their first steps.

It’s absolute madness to ease the lockdown whilst the figures (both deaths and new infections) are still so high. A second peak seems almost inevitable.

What’s the numbers with the virus who are going into hospital is this dropping a lot? This will be the cue for another lockdown if the figures increase rapidly.

Feels like we're running on a barely healed broken leg while everyone else is tentatively taking their firist steps.

I think thats fair comment.
Here in Spain the whole country was on total lockdown for a couple of months until they sorted out the hotspot areas.
In the last few weeks Provinces within Autonomous Areas are allowed to go from stage 0 to stage 1 only if they met the medical standards, almost competition so that Madrid is only just qualifies for stage 1 whereas Almeria say has already had a full week of stage 2.
We accept our travel is only within our Almeria Province and that if face masks must be worn in public places (effectively cuts down the 2 metre rule to 1 metre). by protecting others.
Nothing is perfect and we have been warned of potential flareups but our dreadful start was contained and gradually things are normalising .
Incidentally at stage 2 the Government allows the individual Province to decide on school opening but here we have said definitely not. Not sure if any other areas have said yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.