UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't they just following the club's lead?

Appeasement fits the clubs' strategy towards UEFA and the media over the last 10 years perfectly.
Haha interesting point of view , which I find hard to respond to immediately, I suppose it depends on whether you define your whole strategy as one of appeasement or a shorter term tactic.
I think the club have passed through the shorter term tactic.

Hoping for or even expecting fairness isn’t really naive is it? Not making things fair is fucking disgusting
Probably my wrong choice of word there. I agree our owner is more worldly wise than any of them and that is why his business capability into their sector has been resented.

Boils down to fair competition and football for some reason being legally allowed to operate a "Barrier to Entry" which is a legally enforceable offence as a form of Cartel in the real world that has competition rules by protecting the use of investment phase cash by new entrants into a sector of business.
The fact remains that that our owners have had to war continuously with the g14 to protect a business model that has delivered. Perhaps our expectation would be that all would be forgiven and we would be given a gentlemanly handshake for upsetting their "club" arrangements.?

I feel the real reason is that their fear of our owners business acumen started the barrier so their fears have been totally realised.
We have played chess with them whilst they play draughts, so rather than accepting our victory they are claiming an illegal move by one of our pawns at the start.

I'd hope we win and piss all over them but without knowing what's really going on...and none of us do even though some shout out they do....I've gone for other.

I think ultimately some sort of deal will be cut partway through the hearing as one party hopefully UEFA will have an arse like a 50p piece at how it's going.

I don't buy into the smoking gun stuff, if we held these cards we could have caused chaos months/years ago.
Are you thinking of a statement by UEFA on day 2 saying that they have withdrawn City's ban on the basis that City have presented evidence at the CAS proving that they did not break FFP rules as all sponsorship payments have been demonstrated as having been paid in full by the sponsors. Acknowledgement that this evidence was presented by City to the CFCB IC but not considered by either the IC or AC, probably with emphasis that the CFCB is fully independent of UEFA. UEFA apologise to City and state that they will continue to treat City with impartiality, as they have always done (ie they will now treat City with impartiality including an end to corrupt reffing against us in the UCL( perhaps already started). A full investigation will be made into the CFCB... Complete victory would be a place on the high table, the real war then begins.

I am optimistic because of the total confidence that appears to come from the highest levels at City. It could be that they are trying to stay alive as long as possible for some chance of rescue from a disaster but they have shown how successful they are in the rarified air of the highest levels of business. They know what they are doing and I believe their confidence is rooted in their knowledge of their chance of success.

Are you thinking of a statement by UEFA on day 2 saying that they have withdrawn City's ban on the basis that City have presented evidence at the CAS proving that they did not break FFP rules as all sponsorship payments have been demonstrated as having been paid in full by the sponsors. Acknowledgement that this evidence was presented by City to the CFCB IC but not considered by either the IC or AC, probably with emphasis that the CFCB is fully independent of UEFA. UEFA apologise to City and state that they will continue to treat City with impartiality, as they have always done (ie they will now treat City with impartiality including an end to corrupt reffing against us in the UCL( perhaps already started). A full investigation will be made into the CFCB... Complete victory would be a place on the high table, the real war then begins.

I am optimistic because of the total confidence that appears to come from the highest levels at City. It could be that they are trying to stay alive as long as possible for some chance of rescue from a disaster but they have shown how successful they are in the rarified air of the highest levels of business. They know what they are doing and I believe their confidence is rooted in their knowledge of their chance of success.
Yeah that's about it, couldn't be arsed typing that much in the sun. ;)

I agree. I just can't get away from the bullishness of our public statements. The comments from Soriano would have been heavily legalled and lawyers are always cautious. As a club we would not have gone out on a limb unless we had a very strong position.
I also believe that the situtation has got worse for UEFA in recent months with the corruption charges brought against Al Khelaifi and the complete collapse of Leterme's reputation over the PSG decison. The people on CAS are not stupid. They can see the Qatari influence at the heart of UEFA. Even the initial CAS statement made reference to the "worrisome" (their word) elements of the investigation process.
It is interesting that leaks are still coming out of UEFA to Tariq Panja at the New York Times (see this week's story about the change in venue for the CL final)

Bulishness in the public domain is to be expected.

There have been conversations in private that go beyond that, essentially guarantees we will win out.

I'm glad you've reminded us of this because many of those who think that we'll face a ban of some length have forgotten such statements or don't seem to have believed them in the first place. I don't have any contacts at the club, I certainly don't have any at UEFA and my view of the question is based trying to fit what I come across together, rather like the pieces of a jigsaw, to form as near to a coherent narrative I can. I have not seen any of the evidence UEFA has presented, but I presume Khaldoon, the club hierarchy and our legal team have and they've also seen our own evidence. So when Khaldoon speaks of irrefutable proof that we have not breached FFP and Sorriano tells us (after vetting by our lawyers) that the allegations are simply not true, I believe them. I prefer to say I'm confident, but if others wish to say that bluemooners who also believe what the club has told them are bullish then I'll accept that. And, at the risk of appearing an ingratiating crawler, I'll say that I also believe what you have told us about confidence levels within the club and what PB has reported of what he's been told about UEFA's evidence. Keep up the good work!

Anyone know if the red scums debt interest payments and share dividends count against them in terms of ffp?

With their debt increasing this could really cost them!

Also if Sanchez gets another loan to say for example inter, does his amortisation and wages count against the scum as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.