Liverpool thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand that some people don't want Liverpool fans on here, but I don't want to change the forum rules just for one club. As mentioned the other day, just put anyone who annoys you on ignore, or report them if you think they're wumming for the mods to deal with. Don't really understand why some get so wound up though. What do you do when you meet a Liverpool fan in real life - just storm off and refuse to even talk to them?!
I just ask them to get a round in, they soon fuck off.

I understand that some people don't want Liverpool fans on here, but I don't want to change the forum rules just for one club either. As mentioned the other day, just put anyone who annoys you on ignore, or report them if you think they're wumming for the mods to deal with. Don't really understand why some get so wound up though. What do you do when you meet a Liverpool fan in real life - just storm off and refuse to even talk to them?!
Check wallet, phone, keys.

On my screen it is page 1661, I could waste 15 or so minutes reading up to 1665 but you know what, I cant be arsed. They set out to divide and conquer and you lot, by replying, are helping them achieve that.
To me it is like clicking on a daily mail article, why give that scummy paper any oxygen ? Anyway, I know it is what they want but for now, I'm out.
Popping them all on ignore as per rics advice. Are there any more besides KloppiteE, gregorypecky and Snorky?

I understand that some people don't want Liverpool fans on here, but I don't want to change the forum rules just for one club either. As mentioned the other day, just put anyone who annoys you on ignore, or report them if you think they're wumming for the mods to deal with. Don't really understand why some get so wound up though. What do you do when you meet a Liverpool fan in real life - just storm off and refuse to even talk to them?!

Ric. Re your last line. I don't storm off...…..
Re the rest. I do not engage so as not to give the Mods loads of work to do. I can chat away to the Spurs, Wolves, Everton fans (and the rest) The one thing I note is by and large they all have the sense to stay away from commenting on contentious issues between the 2 respective clubs. They accept they are guest. In the same way I have been talking and posting on a Geordie blog/forum and when shit was thrown by some at me about City, I ignored it. The posters that support other clubs do not, in the main, visit the three main 'sites' on BM whereas our Li'Pool posters seem hell bent on posting on every one at least 3 times an hour.
As one example I will give of their subtle way of winding up City fans to get them banned was the first post the other day from one of them which basically said 'Why do you hate us so much'. That was his first ever post on a rival forum !

Anyway you will get no grief from me.

I got banned recently for taking the bait, but I won't go down that road again. I'll make no secret of the fact that I don't like scousers and I cannot stand that club. But if they wish to come on here, spout their lies and reel in a few of you, that's their concern. I will not lower my standards again to even converse with any of them.

It's for the best.

From Fairly recent experience,ie tail end of last season, I’ve met one. (Yes, just one, I’m not much of a social animal).
Needed to buy a particular type of car. Had gone out in my 15 ish year old ‘Blue Army‘ t-shirt randomly, and gone to a showroom to try out that car brands type. Suited and booted sales person, whine accent, and a Liverpool pin badge. My memory is hazy, but the gist of what came out of his mouth was approx ‘Liverpool the best team ever to have existed in the entire world and always have been’.
The car was not as required within 5secs of sitting in it, (as were all but 2 cars of about 15 brands), so my visit was short, mercifully. It Fully re-enforced what I’ve read on here about their fans. Maybe I was unlucky in finding a stereotype as my 1st interaction with a Liverpool fan for many a year, but he certainly matched up to it.

step-son goes to a posh school. He’s into rugby (hey ho), but even he comes back from school complaining about the Insufferable Liverpool supporting kids (not of any other football clubs), and even about one avid Liverpool supporting teacher. He knows I’m a City supporter, clearly, and likes to josh with me - he was a united supporter at early primary, but that was just to fit into the crowd (at that time). He clearly enjoyed the end of the PL last season, despite having no interest in football - purely from what happened to Liverpool. He also hated the insufferable kids Attitude after they won the CL.

got no problem with Liverpool (or any other teams) on here - just don’t like lies/hypocrisy and the word ‘always’ used in the context of a small period of time, so it’s a bit of a red rag to me.

it’s your forum. Thank you for it. Keep up the good work.
You can do what you want in how you police it or how it’s run. as it’s your forum.

eb34f0e493486e1e9307adc891ea3e2c.jpg

Ric. Re your last line. I don't storm off...…..
Re the rest. I do not engage so as not to give the Mods loads of work to do. I can chat away to the Spurs, Wolves, Everton fans (and the rest) The one thing I note is by and large they all have the sense to stay away from commenting on contentious issues between the 2 respective clubs. They accept they are guest. In the same way I have been talking and posting on a Geordie blog/forum and when shit was thrown by some at me about City, I ignored it. The posters that support other clubs do not, in the main, visit the three main 'sites' on BM whereas our Li'Pool posters seem hell bent on posting on every one at least 3 times an hour.
As one example I will give of their subtle way of winding up City fans to get them banned was the first post the other day from one of them which basically said 'Why do you hate us so much'. That was his first ever post on a rival forum !

Anyway you will get no grief from me.
Yeah, that's a fair point. Contrary to what some people seem to think, we don't just give Liverpool fans free reign on here though. Most get banned before you even get to see their posts if they're just here to be dickheads. Ones that we think are here to discuss sensibly are given the benefit of the doubt, but need to be respectful of the forum and the rules and get reminded of this. I always think the pub analogy is a good one. You wouldn't go into an unfamiliar local and start being rude and shouting the odds, or if you did you would get told to fuck off pretty sharpish, and the same applies online.

I have mentioned this before, but I think the vitriolic nature of some posts doesn't really help matters either. Ironically, it's often from those who are most vocal about opposition fans posting on here. Calling them "vermin", "scum", "murderers" etc tends to attract their idiots to sign up in droves, and it becomes a vicious circle. If the discussion was a bit more civil/sensible in the first place we'd probably get fewer of their fans on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.