1894 Group Banner

People are just giving their honest opinion on something City related on a City fans forum. Maybe people who think it’s pretty poor hope in by saying so 8 grand gets spent on something that looks and gets the point across better next time. I don’t think anyone is having a go at concept it just looks a bit shit and has too much going on.

It’s going too far with wasted money comments etc.

There have been 1894 displays before where I’ve thought that could look better but as I’ve done precisely sod all myself who am I to criticise?

People having a go at the design need to do something themselves first imho.

Hate to shout from the sidelines when ive contributed fuck all to it either money or effort but that is seriously fucking cringy and wrong on almost every level.

What the fuck goes on in some peoples heads that they think that is either money well spent or some form of answer to the shit the club is having to fight?

Ouch. Seriously, what ever they’d have gone with wouldn’t have been an “answer” as such. The fans wanted 1894 to do something after the ban was issued and there were all sorts of ideas kicking around. Pigs in a trough was a popular one on here but that would’ve had a fair share of critics too. Not to mention some smart arsed journalist would’ve no doubt tried to claim it was disrespectful to our owner and his religion.
This display calls out all the main suspects. Isn’t that what people wanted?

ergh I did like it but ergh a lot don't and I always sway with the majority so I don't like it. Its ergh too big or maybe it should have been done by Banksy and why couldn't that shouty bloke from Good Morning Britain been at the unveiling. I think Uefa will now ban us for 20 years and my mam doesn't like it either.

Mind you my dog says fuck the lot of you moaning bastards to worried about what others might think or how much it costs, no wonder we get shit on regularly.

Well done 1894.

Ouch. Seriously, what ever they’d have gone with wouldn’t have been an “answer” as such. The fans wanted 1894 to do something after the ban was issued and there were all sorts of ideas kicking around. Pigs in a trough was a popular one on here but that would’ve had a fair share of critics too. Not to mention some smart arsed journalist would’ve no doubt tried to claim it was disrespectful to our owner and his religion.
This display calls out all the main suspects. Isn’t that what people wanted?

European stadia are full of banners and designs that would suit the message and terrace culture mate and the Muppet Show isnt one of them.

On that im out as i appreciate the money, time and effort lads are putting in but seriously, its ill judged and not good.

just my opinion.

It’s going too far with wasted money comments etc.

There have been 1894 displays before where I’ve thought that could look better but as I’ve done precisely sod all myself who am I to criticise?

People having a go at the design need to do something themselves first imho.
Many fans first port of call in expressing contempt for UEFA is to boo the anthem and some people on here even have a problem with that.

As I said before I think the 1894 lads do a good job. The banner is funny and well thought out but I’m not sure it has full crossover potential to your average beer swilling, crisp munching tv armchair fan. We know who the characters mentioned are but has your average fan heard of parry, gill or tebas.

My main concern for those who’ve invested time and money into this project is will clubs even let it in the ground ? Is it defamatory ? I wouldn’t fancy trying to explain the funny side of it to baton wielding Spanish cops outside the Bernabeu.

The other side of the argument is that for a long time other fans have said what is your problem with UEFA?

It might look cluttered but most of the reasons needed to be made clear and are on there. Leave any off and other City fans would say you haven’t even mentioned their attitude to travelling innocent City fans.

In this case simple doesn’t cut it. It’s a good effort and any effort should be applauded by City fans I think.

Last edited:
European stadia are full of banners and designs that would suit the message and terrace culture mate and the Muppet Show isnt one of them.

On that im out as i appreciate the money, time and effort lads are putting in but seriously, its ill judged and not good.

just my opinion.

FC Copenhagen anti-UEFA display got shit loads of plaudits and was basically just the cartel clubs sat round a table. No-one has ever done the Muppet Show so it’s a totally original idea. Sure, in an ideal world the display would’ve been a load of City fans kicking fuck out of the UEFA wankers but we’d never have got away with that!

I think if they would have turned with a signed pardon from UEFA this morning there would have been somebody moaning.
Such is life. A brilliant effort from fellow Blues. It's not to everyones taste, but, neither are L S Lowry's paintings.
Opinions are like arseholes, we've all got one.
My only worry is if Phil Jones starts legal proceedings as he's been photoshopped in for that tw@ Gill.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.