Selling a house

bank statement showing you have the cash in your account.

But I won’t have the money in my account until this place sells. I just don’t need to apply for a mortgage to buy it.

I’m selling our family home in London and buying somewhere cheaper. I’m dependent on a sale in that respect but able to do a clean buy on a place that might need a lick of paint.

I’ve rang three already and they’re coming round from tomorrow. I’ve researched online and have a price in mind.

I’m very fortunate as there’s huge demand in London for houses. About 9 million people live here so there’s no doubt in my mind that it won’t sell. Friends have migrated out to Essex easily.

How do I choose the right buyer? Whilst I appreciate the agents don’t get paid until we sell, I want to ensure we’re selling to the right people. No morons, time wasters etc.

I want it to go to the right people and not necessarily at the highest price. This house has been in the family for fifty years.
A 'morons' money is the same as everybody elses.

I meant morons as in someone who claims they want it but haven’t got 10p to their name.

As others have said, it’s the estate agents job to vet buyers. We won’t be telling them that my sister has her own property business in South Wales.

Our first one has just left. He is looking at 1% to 1.5% lower than the highest price I fancied putting it on at.

Cockney market trader type who subtlety critiqued the competition and knows our preferred solicitor. It’s going to be between him and the other firm who are coming on Monday.

This is the biggest and most important sale I’ve ever met. I’m useless with money so it’s imperative to get it right.

Don't over think this. The reality is that people buying and selling houses can look at the market and make a very good guess at what something is worth, in a block of flats where others have sold or are for sale the value is clear cut to within a couple of %. Whatever agent you choose you will likely have the same people interested and its hard to see how 1 agent over another will make much difference to their decision making.

I hope you have a good experience, but it’s unlikely you will. Having bought and sold a property over the summer I was shocked how bad estate agents were (from both sides). It seemed to me that agents saw their job as simply letting you in and out of the property.

In reality you are paying for the web advert, the admin and the viewings. There is not a lot more to it.

The best thing you can do is clean the place up and clear your crap out. Get your stuff in storage and get a bit of new paint on it. Doesn't cost much but makes all the difference. We put about 60% of our stuff in storage last time everything from furniture to clothes, we shocked ourselves re how much bigger and nicer it looked.

It’s also useful to check the websites that tell you what properties actually sold for in your neighbourhood and not just what they were advertised at to get a true idea of what you may get.
Right move show sold prices there’s another one that will give you monthly updates of sale prices in the last three months.

The second agent has visited. They’ve valued £5,000 higher than the first ones and only want 1% commission which is 0.5% lower too. Good established local firm who a man in the pub recommended.

The second agent has visited. They’ve valued £5,000 higher than the first ones and only want 1% commission which is 0.5% lower too. Good established local firm who a man in the pub recommended.

Did you tell them the first valuation before they gave theirs?

Either way, if they seem ok and the office seems well run (assuming they have a traditional agency office) then take them up on the 0.5% lower rate.

Good luck

PS are you going to post up the listing on here so we can take the piss out of your wallpaper?

But I won’t have the money in my account until this place sells. I just don’t need to apply for a mortgage to buy it.

I’m selling our family home in London and buying somewhere cheaper. I’m dependent on a sale in that respect but able to do a clean buy on a place that might need a lick of paint.

Yeah, so once the sale has completed you’ll have the money in your account to show / buy your new place :)

Did you tell them the first valuation before they gave theirs?

Either way, if they seem ok and the office seems well run (assuming they have a traditional agency office) then take them up on the 0.5% lower rate.

Good luck

PS are you going to post up the listing on here so we can take the piss out of your wallpaper?

No I didn’t. And I certainly wouldn’t. They don’t know who is coming and when.

We’re painted throughout actually. I’ve got a dragon teddy bear next to my bed if that helps?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.