Selling a house

Yeah, so once the sale has completed you’ll have the money in your account to show / buy your new place :)

I’ll need a roof over my head throughout too? Do you buy, get it sorted financially and then move when all is said and done?

Whilst what you say is inevitably correct, this is a huge personal responsibility and I want to get it right.

Plan B will involve staying somewhere temporarily but I’d sooner one clean move.

I’ll need a roof over my head throughout too? Do you buy, get it sorted financially and then move when all is said and done?

Whilst what you say is inevitably correct, this is a huge personal responsibility and I want to get it right.

Plan B will involve staying somewhere temporarily but I’d sooner one clean move.

Ah ok - I was in a similar position to you (although unfortunately not a full cash buyer :) ) - We chose to rent for a period in between but ultimately it comes down to timings and if you can marry up your sale / purchase timescales.

Ah ok - I was in a similar position to you (although unfortunately not a full cash buyer :) ) - We chose to rent for a period in between but ultimately it comes down to timings and if you can marry up your sale / purchase timescales.

I’ll manage somehow. Basically, every penny I have is tied up in the house. I own a third and that’s going towards my cash buy. This place will go for silly money and that will take me far in Wales, Yorkshire etc. The rest buys my mum a retirement place.

If you start renting in London it will cost a bomb won't it?
You should be looking for new place now. Find it and make an offer and see what happens. You're not tied to anything if offer accepted just as your buyer can pull out at anytime upto exchange contracts. Shit system really.

I’ll manage somehow. Basically, every penny I have is tied up in the house. I own a third and that’s going towards my cash buy. This place will go for silly money and that will take me far in Wales, Yorkshire etc. The rest buys my mum a retirement place.
This could get very messy with multiple owners unless you're all agreed and have same solicitors.

Nb. i am no expert.

This could get very messy with multiple owners unless you're all agreed and have same solicitors.

Nb. i am no expert.

Mum and I will use the same one. He speaks like a Cockney market trader but is very, very good. He’s bought our buy to let places.

My main concern is getting her out of Newham. She’s showing early signs of dementia and the house is too big for her. A gated retirement place is what she wants and my chunk will get me somewhere reasonable too.

If I have to crash somewhere or even live in a hotel then so be it. Things have a habit of working themselves out. There’s empty homes for her and some for me too. I’m sure we’ll be fine.

Mum and I will use the same one. He speaks like a Cockney market trader but is very, very good. He’s bought our buy to let places.

My main concern is getting her out of Newham. She’s showing early signs of dementia and the house is too big for her. A gated retirement place is what she wants and my chunk will get me somewhere reasonable too.

If I have to crash somewhere or even live in a hotel then so be it. Things have a habit of working themselves out. There’s empty homes for her and some for me too. I’m sure we’ll be fine.

Where in Wales you thinking P? My family is welsh and my parents moved back having worked and lived in Manchester for most of their lives. Like you say you get a lot of house for your money in Wales.

South. We’re from Pembrokeshire but, as a younger person, I’m thinking Swansea or nearby.

The final agents have just left. They’re a noted and upmarket London chain. They value at £400,000 to £425,000 and want 2.5% fees. The other two say lower and charge far less. I think they’ve overvalued us!

Go on gut instinct? The second one were recommended to us and we both like them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.