Season ticket payments - refunds/credits due by June 19th

If the payments were to arrive today, would you expect them to be in already or could they arrive at any time?

My dole money comes midnight every other Thursday - I wait by the speed bank looking at my digital watch to hit 00.00 then party time. I imagined this would be similar it is either straight in during banking hours or 00.00 if scheduled for next day or a particular day.

It's pretty confusing how they've gone about this. I paid for both mine and my son's season tickets, which were £595 and £135 respectively. So far, I've had four payments of £21.58, three payments of £31.32 and one payment of £38.43. I haven't had any emails regarding these payments though to explain them.

Collectively, that amounts to £218.71 but if they're calculating it pro-rata (i.e. price of season card/19 x 6) then we should be due £230.52. Not that bothered about a tenner, but can't work out the logic behind how this has been done, unless I'm missing something?
So glad I didn’t pay upfront and opted for DD! City emails suggest DD payers will receive one payment. A mate of mine had something similar to you, and he still can’t reconcile it. City suggested he wait until all payments have been made before calling back

It's pretty confusing how they've gone about this. I paid for both mine and my son's season tickets, which were £595 and £135 respectively. So far, I've had four payments of £21.58, three payments of £31.32 and one payment of £38.43. I haven't had any emails regarding these payments though to explain them.

Collectively, that amounts to £218.71 but if they're calculating it pro-rata (i.e. price of season card/19 x 6) then we should be due £230.52. Not that bothered about a tenner, but can't work out the logic behind how this has been done, unless I'm missing something?

Have you not had an email per-cancelled match, and the amounts?

I had 7 emails (6 games, one game was split in half, oddly) - with all four tickets on each one, and the amount to be refunded per each one - which then tallied up with what arrived back in the back (again, in 6 transactions)

The up to 14-day period for the money to land in the customer's account is referenced in this link re claiming DD refunds and I believe this is what City's email refers to.

https://www.debitfinance.co.uk/blog/what-is-direct-debit-reversal/

Not arguing mate, but as I suggested in my previous post, I received a completely different email.

Also, on a strictly pedantic note, I make 10 monthly payments of £74, but I'm being refunded £282.50)

In other words, City aren't refunding a Direct Debit. They're making a manual payment, which will vary for different seasoncard holders depending on Gold/Platinum and Adult/Senior Citizen.

It was the same principle when I was unable to attend the hastily rearranged West Ham game.
I contacted the Ticket Office, and I received a one-off manual payment within 48 hours.
The only difference now is that 40,000+ supporters are also expecting a manual one-off payment.

Last edited:
Have you not had an email per-cancelled match, and the amounts?

I had 7 emails (6 games, one game was split in half, oddly) - with all four tickets on each one, and the amount to be refunded per each one - which then tallied up with what arrived back in the back (again, in 6 transactions)
No, not had any emails from them regarding the refunds since the initial one they sent out in May.

With my eternal wisdom, I treated myself to roughly the amount I am receiving by binging on Amazon orders.
I did this because I believed to have my refund by the 19th.
Still, it's not citys fault I'm a moron

...so City are completely incapable of issuing bank transfers off their own back? I think not.
You think wrong. Payments have to be refunded the way they came, so Direct Debits have to be refunded via the DD process, Credit Card via that refund process, etc. Plus it's not just a case of moving the money. They will have ot be able to calculate the refund, which is functionality probably not built into SeatGeek. Also the ticket system/payment system and the numerous other system interfaces tend to work one way, not backwards. This process will have to end with about 20 systems in sync, which is no mean task.

If the payments were to arrive today, would you expect them to be in already or could they arrive at any time?

Judging from my Real Madrid refund, (which seemed to arrive unannounced quite late on a Friday), I suspect that they are submitting manual one-off payments, and this is taking longer than they originally anticipated.

Also,I normally make 10 payments of £74, but I've actually been promised a refund of £282.50. which is reasonably close to the figure I'd calculated.
However, despite their communication suggesting otherwise, this is not a refunded direct debit. It's just a manual refund, not dissimilar to the one I received within 48 hours after informing the Ticket Office that I couldn't attend the hastily rearranged West Ham game.
The big difference, is that 40,000 seasoncard holders are also expecting a refund, and I suspect the whole process is just too time consuming
This wouldn't have been a major problem if their original email had been more accurate, and not made a commitment that they couldn't keep.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.