Season ticket payments - refunds/credits due by June 19th

Not arguing mate, but as I suggested in my previous post, I received a completely different email.

Also, on a strictly pedantic note, I make 10 monthly payments of £74, but I'm being refunded £282.50)

In other words, City aren't refunding a Direct Debit. They're making a manual payment, which will vary for different seasoncard holders depending on Gold/Platinum and Adult/Senior Citizen.

It was the same principle when I was unable to attend the hastily rearranged West Ham game.
I contacted the Ticket Office, and I received a one-off manual payment within 48 hours.
The only difference now is that 40,000+ supporters are also expecting a manual one-off payment.

Are you sure your numbers are right mate?

I'm on the same direct debit scheme as you, 10 payments. I pay £87 a month and they're refunding me £274.

Still waiting for it as well. Not a penny yet.

The 15 working days has been implemented as they know all the refunds won’t be complete by 19th June. These are not direct debit refunds, they are BACS refunds which take at most a day or two. If they were refunding direct debits we would be getting the last few transactions reversed.

Are you sure your numbers are right mate?

I'm on the same direct debit scheme as you, 10 payments. I pay £87 a month and they're refunding me £274.

Still waiting for it as well. Not a penny yet.

You're absolutely correct.
I've been promised £228.50, but in all the giddiness over the wording of City's communication, and the difference between a refunded direct debit and a one-off manual payment, my fingers got all fat, and I typed £282.50

Not sure your claim is correct as I haven't heard a peep other than the generic email weeks ago. I paid in full when purchased

I was on about individual match tickets at home, Soton away, Newcastle away, Madrid all dealt with a week or two at least before the DD refunds, while if they did the DDs first we could have all been paid for everything by this week.

I've just re-read my email that I received on Tuesday re. refunds due but why in God's name does it take up to 15 working days to happen. That's 3 bloody weeks!!

I'm not blaming the club but the banking system. And it's not even the money per se but the bloody principle.
There’s over 40,000 season ticket holders and each match is being refunded individually. That along with all the other tickets being refunded means that there’ll be over 300,000 transactions all done manually. It’s not surprising it’s taking several weeks.

I've just re-read my email that I received on Tuesday re. refunds due but why in God's name does it take up to 15 working days to happen. That's 3 bloody weeks!!

I'm not blaming the club but the banking system. And it's not even the money per se but the bloody principle.

There’s over 40,000 season ticket holders and each match is being refunded individually. That along with all the other tickets being refunded means that there’ll be over 300,000 transactions all done manually. It’s not surprising it’s taking several weeks.
I had the same 15 day email on Tuesday that quoted me an amount not divisible by 6. I don’t see how they are refunding Direct Debit customers on a match by match basis. I expect to get the full amount as a one off payment. But 15 days do me a favour that is ridiculous.

I had the same 15 day email on Tuesday that quoted me an amount not divisible by 6. I don’t see how they are refunding Direct Debit customers on a match by match basis. I expect to get the full amount as a one off payment. But 15 days do me a favour that is ridiculous.
Your refund is your season ticket price* divided by 19 and multiplied by 6, then rounded to the nearest penny, so probably won't be a total number divisible by 6.

*For most people this is also 10x the monthly amount paid by DD but of course the price will differ if you had seat exchange credits from the last season.

The 15 days mentioned is just an estimate of time to process the payments, but by "process" that might not just be the banks' sides but include further work by City. Unless we know the whole effort needed, it's difficult to say whether it is slow or not.

Your refund is your season ticket price* divided by 19 and multiplied by 6, then rounded to the nearest penny, so probably won't be a total number divisible by 6.

*For most people this is also 10x the monthly amount paid by DD but of course the price will differ if you had seat exchange credits from the last season.

The 15 days mentioned is just an estimate of time to process the payments, but by "process" that might not just be the banks' sides but include further work by City. Unless we know the whole effort needed, it's difficult to say whether it is slow or not.
Why send the bloody email then?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.