UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it usual for them to take a month to release a decision?

If it was clear cut you'd think they could do it more quickly, so it suggests to me that it's complicated and there'll probably be some sort of half way house result.

True but nothing has even leaked out about how the hearing went. The key players at UEFA will have a good idea and have historically shown themselves to be totally incapable of keeping anything under wraps. The usual route has been from someone at UEFA via gossip to our commercial rivals and then from them to the media. I agree about the actual decision. I don't expect anything to leak from CAS until perhaps the last minute after both parties have been briefed.

Not always. Like exams, there are times when you know you aced it, other times when you fucked it up, and more times when you just don’t know. Lots of arbitrators keep their cards very close to their chests. I agree the absence of leaks is consistent with UEFA knowing they’ve had their arses handed to them, but it’s also consistent with them genuinely not knowing how it went.

If it was clear cut you'd think they could do it more quickly, so it suggests to me that it's complicated and there'll probably be some sort of half way house result.

Do they only deal with one case at a time? Perhaps they’re busy deciding on the last few. And the written decisions seem to be pretty lengthy

Could be wrong but don't they normally take longer, and our case is being fast-tracked.

They have to produce a full document going over the decision with the reasons for it and covering the evidence etc. The decision might even have been roughly known as soon as the hearing finished.

Last edited:
They have to produce a full document going over the decision with the reasons for it and covering the evidence etc. The decision might even have been known as soon as the hearing finished.
If we had irrefutable evidence, as claimed, you'd think City's legal team would know if it hit home or not. If it was a finely balanced point of law then reading it might be awkward. I am more confident now than when I was before, particularly as the media have for the first time been completely silent on the subject.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.