#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would he be hoping someone was there? He looked at the beginning of the move, Pep drills the positions so he knows someone is there unless they've fucked up, and on top of that, you could hear Phil shouting for the ball on the broadcast, so Jesus definitely could.

I feel like some of you have never seen Jesus play before? He's constantly trying flicks, stepping over the ball etc. to set someone up for a shot - he did it vs. Arsenal - and yet because this ended in a goal you seem surprised.

He’d be hoping as he’d not seen him. In theory he was in a miles better position to shoot than trying some mad half flicked pass in the hope the left sided player was in the perfect position to where his blind pass ended up. The great Pep Barca team wouldn’t have played that one. So yes I’d be amazed not just surprised.

He’d be hoping as he’d not seen him. In theory he was in a miles better position to shoot than trying some mad half flicked pass in the hope the left sided player was in the perfect position to where his blind pass ended up. The great Pep Barca team wouldn’t have played that one. So yes I’d be amazed not just surprised.

He doesn’t need to see him Craig, as Dom and I explained. They train for it. He knows someone is going to be there.

I agree that the first reaction would be to shoot, and that is food and drink for a striker. But this is Gabby, he has form for pulling some unusual stuff and this is just another example of it.

It really was a beautiful assist

Yeah, it's almost like he could hear a player shouting for the fucking ball...

Shot, in my opinion.

Just as my opinion won't change anyone else's, nobody else's will change mine. Sounds fair.

It's a little odd to continually argue against it anyways, because:

1) Who the fuck cares lol. Many of us think its intentional and have given evidence as to why, the people arguing against it don't have much evidence behind it other than "Gabby can't make that pass" and "every striker takes that shot".

2) His passing is underrated on here, yes Kevin is the best passer on our team, but other players can have moments of genius passing too, they just don't do it as regularly as Kevin. Note Phil's pass for David's goal for example.

3) I feel as fans we should give the benefit of the doubt anyway. If other fans were arguing this then sure I get it, they don't want to think Jesus is that good, but personally, I want to think more positively of our players.

He doesn’t need to see him Craig, as Dom and I explained. They train for it. He knows someone is going to be there.

I agree that the first reaction would be to shoot, and that is food and drink for a striker. But this is Gabby, he has form for pulling some unusual stuff and this is just another example of it.

It really was a beautiful assist

Maybe it was. In
Yeah, it's almost like he could hear a player shouting for the fucking ball...

What like dummy it? Or maybe flick it about 6 yards on into a much worse shooting angle in theory? Also that’s believing he had time to think oh I bet Phil is right there and decided not to shoot as the ball was passed very quickly into him.

It's a little odd to continually argue against it anyways, because:

2) His passing is underrated on here, yes Kevin is the best passer on our team, but other players can have moments of genius passing too, they just don't do it as regularly as Kevin. Note Phil's pass for David's goal for example.

His passing is definitely underrated. Just the other day he played a great pass for Silva against Arsenal that almost opened the scoring.

Another strong performance. Depending on the severity of Sergio's injury Gabby will get plenty of opportunities in the coming weeks.

Maybe it was. In

What like dummy it? Or maybe flick it about 6 yards on into a much worse shooting angle in theory? Also that’s believing he had time to think oh I bet Phil is right there and decided not to shoot as the ball was passed very quickly into him.

You’ve got you’re point of view fella, so I’ll not bang on trying to change it.

I’ll just finish with this, as someone who has played the game at a more than decent level, there is more than enough time there to anticipate and make a decision. In situations like that, and many walks of life, good training kicks in. It was so good that he defied the natural reaction to have a crack.

Can appreciate it is difficult to get ones head around because it does seem like an unnatural reaction, but imo that only lends more credit to Gabby.

You’ve got you’re point of view fella, so I’ll not bang on trying to change it.

I’ll just finish with this, as someone who has played the game at a more than decent level, there is more than enough time there to anticipate and make a decision. In situations like that, and many walks of life, good training kicks in. It was so good that he defied the natural reaction to have a crack.

Can appreciate it is difficult to get ones head around because it does seem like an unnatural reaction, but imo that only lends more credit to Gabby.

Fair enough mate each to their own opinion and by the way I’ve played football at a decent level too. I hope you’re right on this because if he meant it then it was a special bit of play!... Going slightly off track but still on Gabby how good a career do you think he’ll have?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.