#9 | Gabriel Jesus - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big fan of Gabby but absolutely no chance. He knew where it was going because it wasn’t a complete miss kick and it was heading in a way he was almost facing after contact.
Nah there was no reason to look that way after contact, he just knew exactly where it was heading too quickly, we're talking split seconds. See my last post with the screenshot, notice the position of his left arm, the angle of the lean and think about the view Jesus had of goal knowing his right footed his angles were limited. 100% pass for me.

Last edited:
Nah there was no reason to look that way after contact, he just knew exactly where it was head it was that fast, we're talking split seconds. Completely disagree with there sorry.

My reply to the above is a better answer(I think). If he meant that it’s the best bit of vision I’ve ever seen. We’ll probably never truly know though mate, but I hope you’re right!

The ball/pass was on him too quickly. So rather than his instep or laces he’s connected more towards his heel/lower side foot. He’s a very good player but prime Bergkamp or Zidane wouldn’t have seen or executed that pass. He just happened to follow where the ball went with his momentum.
It was a simple flick into a dangerous area. His momentum was in a different direction completely also so that theory doesn't work.

Anyway we're all entitled to our opinions, I just think it's harsh not to give him the benefit of the doubt. He's given us plenty of example of deft flicks, he linked up well with Silva against Arsenal to play him through on goal for example. I doubt he knew exactly were Foden was but just looking at the angles he had to aim at, he probably changed his mind on the shot as he approached it and went with a flick on instead.

Last edited:
It's almost certainly a pass. I've watched it a few times now just to be sure. Watch his body and his leg as he hits it. The follow through is going in the direction of the ball. If it was a shot it would have absolutely looked like one, because what he did would have been atrocious shot technique had he been aiming for goal.

It's not beyond Jesus to try overly clever stuff, particularly the way he played tonight. Reminds me of his goal on the opening day where it turned out it was a really smart finish but you needed to watch it a couple of times to really see it.

Also, it might be worth saying it doesn't really matter if it was a pass or not, just in case people get hung up on this for a while in the thread.

It was a simple cushioned flick into a dangerous area. His momentum was in a different direction completely also so that theory doesn't work.

So you think the ball was too quickly on to him to nail a shot? So he just flicked it or cushioned it on in the hope someone was there? That possibly happened but if it did it wasn’t really an amazing pass. As it would have just been in hope that someone was there because he couldn’t get a proper contact to strike it ( which any striker would have wanted to do).

Even David was a bit confused. He looked over like ‘the fuck, did you mean that’?

So you think the ball was too quickly on to him to nail a shot? So he just flicked it or cushioned it on in the hope someone was there? That possibly happened but if it did it wasn’t really an amazing pass. As it would have just been in hope that someone was there because he couldn’t get a proper contact to strike it ( which any striker would have wanted to do).

I think it really was an amazing pass. He was chuffed with himself after.

Gotta remember we train for scenarios, lots of them, and it will include ones like this.

He doesn’t need to look to know that someone is going to be there. In fact had there not been, the inquest would have into the reasons why not.

It’s a just a cushioned lay off into a space where someone should be and he executed it perfectly.

Why would he be hoping someone was there? He looked at the beginning of the move, Pep drills the positions so he knows someone is there unless they've fucked up, and on top of that, you could hear Phil shouting for the ball on the broadcast, so Jesus definitely could.

I feel like some of you have never seen Jesus play before? He's constantly trying flicks, stepping over the ball etc. to set someone up for a shot - he did it vs. Arsenal - and yet because this ended in a goal you seem surprised.

It's almost certainly a pass. I've watched it a few times now just to be sure. Watch his body and his leg as he hits it. The follow through is going in the direction of the ball. If it was a shot it would have absolutely looked like one, because what he did would have been atrocious shot technique had he been aiming for goal.

It's not beyond Jesus to try overly clever stuff, particularly the way he played tonight. Reminds me of his goal on the opening day where it turned out it was a really smart finish but you needed to watch it a couple of times to really see it.

Also, it might be worth saying it doesn't really matter if it was a pass or not, just in case people get hung up on this for a while in the thread.

It would also explain why we look as though we overplay sometimes. That is meat and drink for a striker, but he made a decision to pass. As it was it was a goal so didn’t matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.