UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I haven't fully understood. Who is the higher court we appeal to if the ban is upheld by the CAS? And on what legal grounds, given that it's a footballing matter? Just asking for a clarification.

I dont know if we can even go to a higher court. @projectriver would know more buy IIRC -

Part of the agreement when signing up to play in UEFA is that both parties sign up to using CAS as the ultimate forum to hear any complaints.

So if CAS rules against us, we would have to argue successfully to a swiss court that it was because CAS was illegitimate and that seems very unlikely.

I think UEFA would definitely exclude us while we were taking that legal action as well.

I dont know if we can even go to a higher court. @projectriver would know more buy IIRC -

Part of the agreement when signing up to play in UEFA is that both parties sign up to using CAS as the ultimate forum to hear any complaints.

So if CAS rules against us, we would have to argue successfully to a swiss court that it was because CAS was illegitimate and that seems very unlikely.

I think UEFA would definitely exclude us while we were taking that legal action as well.
I really think that this is it. We need to abide by the CAS decision, whatever it is, or this will just never end. If we are on the wrong end of it, we mustn’t agree to an NDA, and we must publish all the ‘irrefutable evidence’, and then just get on with it, whatever the fall out is. I’ve supported city through times a tad worse than this, whatever the outcome.
All that being said, for what it’s worth, I think we will not be banned next season.

These quotes from Pep really do ramp up the confidence levels.

"It was just United, Liverpool and Arsenal to win the titles before Roman Abramovich took over. It was uncomfortable for the Premier League. After Sheikh Mansour took over here it was the same. It was - and is - uncomfortable for the 'elite'."

Something so simple yet pointed.

"It was just United, Liverpool and Arsenal to win the titles before Roman Abramovich took over. It was uncomfortable for the Premier League. After Sheikh Mansour took over here it was the same. It was - and is - uncomfortable for the 'elite'."

Pep’s a proper blue these days.

The "body language" where he "chews" his lips up after the question is really obvious.

He is "stopping himself" from saying more.

That tells me he either knows the outcome or has received information that gives him a very good idea of the outcome.

Whether the outcome is good or bad isn't quite clear though.

Then why the constant references to qualifying for the CL?

Pep also went off script on that specious view that Sheikh Mansour personally bought City talking about "Abu Dhabi people when they took over the club."

On a more promising note Pep smiled once in the whole conference - in reply to Ducker asking whether he'd heard an outcome. The smile is here (8 min 24)

It's well documented that Sheikh Mansour personally bought City, but it's not unlikely that the rest of the Bani Fatima brothers are shareholders in ADUG.

Surprised this comment wasn't mentioned more in the press releases, or not :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.