Chelsea (a) post-match thread

Pretty careless performance all round. Rodri, Mendy, Fernandinho pretty poor. Gundogan and Sterling very quiet. If Sterling passes instead of shooting we probably win.

Another needless 3 points dropped. Really need to add a little more hunger to the team.

hunger ?

we’ve won it twice on the bounce...hunger for what

incredibly difficult to win back to back titles never mind a treble

Hopefully giving the Liverpool players a guard of honour will really hurt our players and fire them up for the rest of this and next season.
I think, along with all of the issues with our defence and injuries, we've also lost a bit of hunger this season, not closing down sides due to not working as hard.

Poor night but had a feeling it would be with the FA Cup & Champions League being priority.

Defence was utter shocking we need a LB 2 CBs and a back up RB urgently or we'll struggle again.

Otamendi -- been a good servant but it's time to go.

Fernandinho -- love the guy but not at CB

Stones -- well what can I say?

Garcia -- 2 young but I'd probably prefer him atm to Stones / Otamendi

Mendy -- finding it tough he or Zinchenko need replacing with a real LB

Cancelo -- Well he's not really done much.

Anyway in Pep I trust I'm off to sleep bring on Sunday......The treble is on
Zinchenko is shokingly slow...even De Bruyne holding Willian ,he didn´t get a single inch closer to Willian.How on earth can you play someone so slow at full back position.

No regrets. That result could have been quite a lot worse. 3-1 would not have been at all outrageous. 4-1 was plausible. We were never properly in that match. They pressed us hard and never let us settle on the ball.
You've got to wonder whether Mendy has much up top, sometimes, though.

I would be more than astonished if we won the CL. But stranger things have happened. I'd really like us to win the F.A. Cup again. That is plausible.

As others have said, our real battle is now the CAS ruling. That trumps everything.

Really Ferdinand? "Liverpool have done it differently... I can't think of a superstar he's gone out and bought".

Then he mentions VVD world record CB fee(£75m), Alisson(£65m) world record GK fee at the time, both very well known with many clubs looking to sign them, hence the fees asked.

Last edited:
It’s shameful how some alleged fans on here abuse the club.....fucking embarrassing !!
Oh come on, having a moan and calling players when they play shit has been going on since football was invented. I heard it from my very first visit to main road in the 60's and every visit to City since. And the praise when things go right. Just it's set in stone on the matchday forum, at the match the comment disappears into the ether.

Game that summed up the whole season really.

Bernardo and Sterling well out of form, as they have been since the tweet and Gomez incidents, missing Fernandinho in midfield still (him there instead of Gundogan, walker centre and Cancelo right back is something I don’t get why we haven’t tried if we want two defensive minded midfielders), Mendy showing he’s pointless attacking without a striker and still awful defensively.

It’s only tweaks needed - Sterling on the right rather than the left (where he’s been nowhere near as effective), Foden instead of Gundogan and sort out defence.

Pretty poor all round, if ever a game highlighted where we are weak that was it.

Of those that started only 6 have really nailed a spot going into the champions league/next season:
----------------Ederson
Walker----_____----Laporte----_____
-----------------_____
--------De Bruyne----_____
Mahrez--------_____-----Sterling

Bernardo or Foden could fill that spot next to De Bruyne but not sure who and Aguero probably starts up top.

We've got work to do defensively though.
Agree with a CB and LB, but I'd play Rodri, de Bruyne and Foden in midfield.

If covid hadn't happened and Madrid had offered 150 m for Raheem I'd have taken it. He's reached his ceiling in my opinion. But that's gone. So up front
Bernie Jesus Raheem.

I'd

Really Ferdinand? "Liverpool have done it differently... I can't think of a superstar he's gone out and bought".

Then he mentions VVD(£75) world record CB fee, Alisson world record GK fee at the time, both very well known with many clubs looking to sign them, hence the fees asked.
They have to follow the script or they are out of a job. Spineless twats the lot of them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.