Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree - he’s being badly misused, and is going to be harshly immersed in defensive chaos for the rest of his time here. Still our best central midfield anchor, and him being pulled out of the role is probably the single biggest factor in us falling so far behind Liverpool this season.

I think he’s done quite well at centre back overall. It’s not the single biggest factor, we can’t win the league every year and Liverpool we’re more consistent then us

Bit like saying bird shit tastes better than dog shit. None of them are ideal at CB.

I just don't get why the fuck anyone would whinge about it when he's literally the best option we've got at a time when we can't sign anyone else.

I'd understand a little more if it wasn't abundantly clear that we're signing a centreback as a priority this summer.

I'd also understand if it came off the back of a shocking performance.

Playing him out of position is down to one man only. The manager has to find a place for golden bollocks Gundogan.

Playing him out of position is down to one man only. The manager has to find a place for golden bollocks Gundogan.

I’m not a fan of Gundogan but Fernandinho is playing CB because Otamendi and Stones are so terrible.

I don't see anyone saying he's ideal at CB apart from a few ageists. He's a CM, always has been, always will be, and he'd still be considerably better there than Dunjogin or the poor man's Spanish Gareth Barry. Pep's a stubborn, obsessed bastard and it's those qualities that has seen the season pan out the way it has.

It was only last season where he was considered the best CM in the Prem. If he doesn't put in that performance last season against a rampant Dippers side at the Etihad coming back from injury, with the team coming off poor form, we don't win the title. You don't lose your legs between then and the start of a new season.

Let's not kid ourselves though - he is the second best CB in this squad. That's testament to his all round ability as a player and the drop off/decline in both Stones and Otamendi. I have faith in Stones to come good, and see this as an aberration. Otters needs to be sold, but before that, the gaping hold that Fern's removal from midfield has caused needs to be addressed because Pep has made a massive mistake thinking you can play a Busquets type as your holding player and succeed in the Prem.

Last edited:
I don't see anyone saying he's ideal at CB apart from a few ageists. He's a CM, always has been, always will be, and he'd still be considerably better there than Dunjogin or the poor man's Spanish Gareth Barry. Pep's a stubborn, obsessed bastard and it's those qualities that has seen the season pan out the way it has.

It was only last season where he was considered the best CM in the Prem. If he doesn't put in that performance last season against a rampant Dippers side at the Etihad coming back from injury, with the team coming off poor form, we don't win the title. You don't lose your legs between then and the start of a new season.

Let's not kid ourselves though - he is the second best CB in this squad. That's testament to his all round ability as a player and the drop off/decline in both Stones and Otamendi. I have faith in Stones to come good, and see this as an aberration. Otters needs to be sold, but before that, the gaping hold that Fern's removal from midfield has caused needs to be addressed because Pep has made a massive mistake thinking you can play a Busquets type as your holding player and succeed in the Prem.

Doesn’t matter if he’s the second best central defender in the squad - he’s also the best defensive midfielder in the squad, and if you play him there absorbing danger before it becomes such, we would be far more secure regardless of who’s partnering Laporte.

Doesn’t matter if he’s the second best central defender in the squad - he’s also the best defensive midfielder in the squad, and if you play him there absorbing danger before it becomes such, we would be far more secure regardless of who’s partnering Laporte.

I know and totally agree. This has been one of if not the biggest mistake Pep has made in his time with us IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.