Fernandinho - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn’t matter if he’s the second best central defender in the squad - he’s also the best defensive midfielder in the squad, and if you play him there absorbing danger before it becomes such, we would be far more secure regardless of who’s partnering Laporte.
Y'all must know something Pep doesn't. How unfortunate for the rest of us that we have Pep instead of you :)

I think today we found out why he’s not been played in midfield, looked slow, poor control, poor passing....dropped off a cliff

I think it will be a few cameos for him next season. He hasn’t been great at CB and
I don’t think he has the speed for DM any longer. Probably why Pep hasn’t played him there

To be fair, todays not proof of anything, he’s not played there all season, he wasn’t going to just slot right back in. He played like he was still in defence but in midfield - dropped too deep at times and thought he had far too much time on the ball.

Having said that, he was awful tonight. It’s fern though so I can forgive him easily.

RIP “Fernandinho needs to be moved back into midfield”. August 2019 - July 2020. Maybe that Pep guy knows what he’s doing after all.
Genuinely hope today puts an end to all of that chat, I've got no clue why it's taken people this long to figure it out... It's like they forgot that he was struggling with fitness the entire second half of last season. He was injured in December, came back vs Liverpool, got reinjured in February, came back, got reinjured in April, went to Copa America and was injured there again. And people were blaming Pep for using preserving his fitness at CB and giving our new £70m signing time to adapt.

Nah don't play him at DM again, looked totally out of sync which considering he hasn't played there in ages is fine, but he's never going to be the starter there again and nor should he be.

Looked genuinely lost there today, not sure what happened. On the bench moving forwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.