UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wouldn’t it?

We might win this case but it’ll be straight back to business as usual with UEFA and The Cartel, as it’s simply City in the dock not UEFA or the Cartel. There’s no real negative implications for UEFA and especially not the Cartel if City win this case.

Maybe a small mark against them but that’ll be forgotten about and never talked about again by them or the media.

I think there's pretty serious consequences for UEFA if this falls through.

Combined with the PSG farce, where Leterme let them off the hook to the anger of Cunha Rodrigues, I suspect at a minimum the AC and IC will be completely remade with different people, if they survive at all. I think they'll replace the chambers with another system.

It's pretty embarrassing to these people - serious people like judges - to have their decisions bounced back and especially in the kind of scenario that would have to happen for us to get no punishment. I think a few would quit.

Plus if it's true that certain big clubs were adamant we were banned, UEFA is going to have a lot of v. unhappy customers. I doubt they're in the dark about Ceferin offering us a deal with just a fine if people on here know about it. Also public opinion of FFP has really sunk lately, people see through the name and reasoning behind it now.

I think we could see a completely different financial control scheme come about if we win entirely. The coronavirus gives them a great excuse to change things up and allow some owner investment.

Last edited:
If there was any hint of something negative happening to City the media would be all over it. Been like that since the take over.
I've been pinning my positive hopes to this type of reasoning.

There's enough of the slugs out there and there's no way they'd all keep quiet....honour amongst thieves? Not with that lot someone would have fired it out in the media by now if they knew anything at all.

I think there's pretty serious consequences for UEFA if this falls through.

Combined with the PSG farce, where Leterme let them off the hook to the anger of Cunha de Rodrigues, I suspect at a minimum the AC and IC will be completely remade with different people, if they survive at all. I think they'll replace the chambers with another system.

If it's true that certain big clubs were adamant we were banned, UEFA is going to have a lot of v. unhappy customers. Also public opinion of FFP has really sunk lately, people see through the name and reasoning behind it now.

I think we could see a completely different financial control scheme come about if we win entirely. The coronavirus gives them a great excuse to change things up and allow some owner investment.
That seems a bit like a Hollywood film plot to me.

It’s not like we’ve taken UEFA and FFP to court because it’s an illegal business practice. We’re in the dock trying to defend ourselves that we haven’t broken FFP.

Win or lose FFP is still there, and there would have to be someone who is prepared to take UEFA to court over the illegality of FFP, never mind the years it’d take to go through that process. This process won’t have that outcome, it’s a completely separate issue that we aren’t even fighting.

That seems a bit like a Hollywood film plot to me.

It’s not like we’ve taken UEFA and FFP to court because it’s an illegal business practice. We’re in the dock trying to defend ourselves that we haven’t broken FFP.

Win or lose FFP is still there, and there would have to be someone who is prepared to take UEFA to court over the illegality of FFP, never mind the years it’d take to go through that process. This process won’t have that outcome, it’s a completely separate issue that we aren’t even fighting.

I'm not sure you read my comment properly. FFP will still be there, but you will have an AC and IC who, if City are correct, lead a politically motivated prosecution ignoring proof from the accused party that they'd done nothing wrong.

That's going to destroy the credibility of the entire process, especially so soon after Leterme and the IC deliberately let PSG off the hook by delaying passing their conclusions to the AC until the time period elapsed.

And I absolutely guarantee, if we get no punishment, there will be dozens of leaks from the usual suspects, and those will make the thing look a farce as well.

So the AC/IC chambers as an "independent" system will be dead and need to be replaced with something,

That alone will be pretty big changes at UEFA and FFP.

Seperate from that is a seeming lack of enthusiasm for FFP to remain in it's current guise. Covid-19 is going to cause a lot of problems, and UEFA have already been loosening it to accommodate new big owners in Milan and I'm sure the Saudi's will put the squeeze on if they get Newcastle.

I don't think it's unrealistic at all that FFP dies and is replaced in a few years regardless of the outcome of our hearing, but if we win, it could definitely bring things forward.

Last edited:
IF we are found "not guilty" by CAS do they not have to give a reasoning doe their judgement? If they do I think that this reasoning could be the downfall of FFP?

How would UEFA or City for that matter know how is it going? It's sat with an independent arbitrary body who are currently reviewing both sides presentations, there is nothing to leak.
But it is not just that there has not been even the smallest whiff about the actual verdict - which I could understand - there has been nothing about the views of UEFA or CITY of how the process went.

The representatives of both parties would have left the 3 day hearing having heard all the other side had to say and observing the 'body language' of the 3 panel members - it is only natural for opinions to have been formed about how things were received which would get discussed with close family and friends - and then whispers start - yet nothing has even been 'gently whispered'.

Anyway - I am not adding anything to this so I will just get on with my frustrations - I just find it uncanny how this is the case - it really is contrary to human nature IMO

Last edited:
I'm convinced we have won.

So much positivity around the place, I don't get any such vibe that we are staring down the barrel.

Either that, or we have very good poker players inside City.
At what level are we talking about Tolm
Khaldoons level or lower down the command chain

I’d imagine, should we overturn the ban and be exonerated, that will be the end of it. No ‘shitstorm’, no press release, no anything, just a statement of vindication. Everyone’s a winner and we will have joined the Cartel. Hopefully we don’t go ‘full cartel’ and we are not lining up to take potshots at NUFC in 6/7 years, should their investment ambitions be successful.

You never go FULL cartel. I hope we are Sinaloa and not Cali or Medellin!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.