Unions

Fuck yeah!!!

And, much of the whining is more OSHA or Health & Safety legislation rules than anything else. Safety costs money and takes time.

They are also the strength behind airline safety, as regulatory bodies take an increasingly “help business first” stance! Or, would you prefer your pilots be at work for SIXTEEN HOURS WITHOUT A BREAK?

Fatigue creates the same physiological changes as alcohol consumption. No alcohol within 8 hrs, but then they can work you until you are “legally drunk” on fatigue?!

Proud union member and ex-union chairman of over 2,000 pilots!

P.S. You like weekends and holidays off? Unions!
You like PAID vacations? Unions!
You like workplace safety? Unions!
You like breaks during your working day? Unions!
Maternity leave? Unions!

And on and on and on!

What you take for granted was hard fought AND WON, on your behalf by union members of the past...many of whom were beaten and killed while trying to get those things!

For those of you complaining about unions, I would politely suggest a trip down the memory lane that was workhouses, child labor, factory housing, low pay and the like. In fact, I’m sure you can find it in many first world countries across the globe. Oh wait, no you can’t! But, if you’d like the experience, I’m sure we can find you some backwater location across the globe that will fit your bill!

It’s funny. People take so much for granted and have so little realization of how many people LITERALLY died to get it for them. Then, they moan about a loafer!

The loafer IS NOT THE UNION, and there are plenty of ways to fix him or her. Don’t ever think that throwing the baby out with the bath water will fix your concerns, because you LITERALLY have no idea how good you’ve got it now that others have sacrificed all yo get it for you!

Who knew there were so many extreme capitalists on here?!

Font know if you can get the whole thing over there, but...

or maybe take a look at “The Lean Years” about the plight of American workers.

and somewere in amongst that lot there might be some time left to do some work.

I danced on her grave, after downing a bottle of champagne. **** that she was.
She did us a fkn big favour, mate. It marked the beginning of the end for lame duck companies/unviable industries being bailed out with public money and recognition that we were moving into an era of global competition. Interesting that those 1970s attitudes only prevail nowadays in a few parts of the (quasi) public sector.

Fuck yeah!!!

And, much of the whining is more OSHA or Health & Safety legislation rules than anything else. Safety costs money and takes time.

They are also the strength behind airline safety, as regulatory bodies take an increasingly “help business first” stance! Or, would you prefer your pilots be at work for SIXTEEN HOURS WITHOUT A BREAK?

Fatigue creates the same physiological changes as alcohol consumption. No alcohol within 8 hrs, but then they can work you until you are “legally drunk” on fatigue?!

Proud union member and ex-union chairman of over 2,000 pilots!

P.S. You like weekends and holidays off? Unions!
You like PAID vacations? Unions!
You like workplace safety? Unions!
You like breaks during your working day? Unions!
Maternity leave? Unions!

And on and on and on!

What you take for granted was hard fought AND WON, on your behalf by union members of the past...many of whom were beaten and killed while trying to get those things!

For those of you complaining about unions, I would politely suggest a trip down the memory lane that was workhouses, child labor, factory housing, low pay and the like. In fact, I’m sure you can find it in many first world countries across the globe. Oh wait, no you can’t! But, if you’d like the experience, I’m sure we can find you some backwater location across the globe that will fit your bill!

It’s funny. People take so much for granted and have so little realization of how many people LITERALLY died to get it for them. Then, they moan about a loafer!

The loafer IS NOT THE UNION, and there are plenty of ways to fix him or her. Don’t ever think that throwing the baby out with the bath water will fix your concerns, because you LITERALLY have no idea how good you’ve got it now that others have sacrificed all yo get it for you!

Who knew there were so many extreme capitalists on here?!

Font know if you can get the whole thing over there, but...

or maybe take a look at “The Lean Years” about the plight of American workers.

All those picking up on stupid stuff that's happened rather than the life they now enjoy because people took a stand is nauseating. We know there have been prick union leaders, shopstewards, but there have been far more who got us where we are today. Its buying the right wing slur because they bastards benefit from weak unions.

From going to vote, to going to school, to having a health system, to be safe at work, to he able to raise wages, that children dont work, that we can go to Uni, all of that was won, not given. I despair of my own class who forget how bad it was for our grandparents and beyond them. Who from those ancestors stood up and fought and now, when things they fought for improve all our lives, we forget and think those who put us in the shit in the past for profit, wont do it again, defies belief. And makes me sad if I am honest.

All those picking up on stupid stuff that's happened rather than the life they now enjoy because people took a stand is nauseating. We know there have been prick union leaders, shopstewards, but there have been far more who got us where we are today. Its buying the right wing slur because they bastards benefit from weak unions.

From going to vote, to going to school, to having a health system, to be safe at work, to he able to raise wages, that children dont work, that we can go to Uni, all of that was won, not given. I despair of my own class who forget how bad it was for our grandparents and beyond them. Who from those ancestors stood up and fought and now, when things they fought for improve all our lives, we forget and think those who put us in the shit in the past for profit, wont do it again, defies belief. And makes me sad if I am honest.
Few would deny that they have a valuable place in history and made positive contributions to society. Defo. But that was then and this is now. They turned rotten and fetid in the mid 20th century, ideologically driven and pissed up with power. Maggie chose her battle ground like an expert general and put them firmly in their box. Legislation made it much more difficult to hold every fcuker and his dog to ransom in furtherance of selfish ends.

They were tainted by stink of defeat, as were other contemporary bully boys on the left. Add in accelerating technological change and economic globalisation and their whole world changed. Their relevance nowadays is comparatively marginal and concentrated.

Last edited:
Few would deny that they have a valuable place in history and made positive contributions to society. Defo. But that was then and this is now. They turned rotten and fetid in the mid 20th century, ideologically driven and pissed up with power. Maggie chose her battle ground like an expert general and put them firmly in their box. Legislation made it much more difficult to hold every fcuker and his dog to ransom in furtherance of selfish ends.

They were tainted by stink of defeat, as were other contemporary bully boys on the left. Add in accelerating technological change and economic globalisation and their whole world changed. Their relevance nowadays is comparatively marginal and concentrated.

I will get back to you on all of your points. I'm having a beer with the Mrs and if I'm not mistaken, the look she is giving me as I'm on my phone, is clearly murderous. If I dont get back to you, I'm already dead.

The union bloke at our place got in on a platform of sticking it to the boss.

Now he's his best mate and does all the easy jobs.

He once called a meeting, said we should all just do our hours, no coming in a bit early to help out, so we all did. Except him and the other union bloke who, when questioned, said they had things to do in the afternoon...

I called them both cunts and walked off. One tried to say sorry but he's dirty Leeds so he got called a **** again.

A waste of fucking space. Not needed in today's work place. Utter cunts.

Oh...just remembered, a while ago, early 80's, I worked for my old man's welding company. We had to go to a steel works in the Midlands to collect some rsj they hadn't sent on time. We turned up 20 minutes before lunch. Could have loaded the 3 rsj's we needed and gone in 10 minutes. Oh no...not according to the bloke we met. After lunch. An hour and 20 minutes later.

We sat and waited. They all appeared. One to use the over head crane. One to use the chains. One to make sure no one walked near. One to undo the chains. One to do the paperwork.

We weren't allowed to go near until they had all finished.

It would have taken one person to load it but unions demanded otherwise.

Utter cunts.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.