Unions

Was in one once, for 2 weeks. Asked the shop steward why I should pay him to work for someone else who was paying me. He struggled with that. I left a few weeks later. I'm sure they have done some good somewhere along the line the but they get bad press, usually quite rightly so. Work shy spongers, always seem to be led by Jocks or Scousers....

Most of the stuff we take for granted came from unions in relation to conditions, safety, wages and the fucking vote. How quickly cunts forget. At the height of our empire when the Toffs made a killing from the wars the working class won, we lived in abject fucking poverty. Every advance we gained was through unions and collective strength against owners who were happy to send children down pits to make them wealthy. We need unions to fight for peoples rights because if you think capitalists will, you're a fucking idiot.
Fuck yeah!!!

And, much of the whining is more OSHA or Health & Safety legislation rules than anything else. Safety costs money and takes time.

They are also the strength behind airline safety, as regulatory bodies take an increasingly “help business first” stance! Or, would you prefer your pilots be at work for SIXTEEN HOURS WITHOUT A BREAK?

Fatigue creates the same physiological changes as alcohol consumption. No alcohol within 8 hrs, but then they can work you until you are “legally drunk” on fatigue?!

Proud union member and ex-union chairman of over 2,000 pilots!

P.S. You like weekends and holidays off? Unions!
You like PAID vacations? Unions!
You like workplace safety? Unions!
You like breaks during your working day? Unions!
Maternity leave? Unions!

And on and on and on!

What you take for granted was hard fought AND WON, on your behalf by union members of the past...many of whom were beaten and killed while trying to get those things!

For those of you complaining about unions, I would politely suggest a trip down the memory lane that was workhouses, child labor, factory housing, low pay and the like. In fact, I’m sure you can find it in many first world countries across the globe. Oh wait, no you can’t! But, if you’d like the experience, I’m sure we can find you some backwater location across the globe that will fit your bill!

It’s funny. People take so much for granted and have so little realization of how many people LITERALLY died to get it for them. Then, they moan about a loafer!

The loafer IS NOT THE UNION, and there are plenty of ways to fix him or her. Don’t ever think that throwing the baby out with the bath water will fix your concerns, because you LITERALLY have no idea how good you’ve got it now that others have sacrificed all yo get it for you!

Who knew there were so many extreme capitalists on here?!

Font know if you can get the whole thing over there, but...

or maybe take a look at “The Lean Years” about the plight of American workers.

Last edited:
Fuck yeah!!!

And, much of the whining is more OSHA or Health & Safety legislation rules than anything else. Safety costs money and takes time.

They are also the strength behind airline safety, as regulatory bodies take an increasingly “help business first” stance! Or, would you prefer your pilots be at work for SIXTEEN HOURS WITHOUT A BREAK?

Fatigue creates the same physiological changes as alcohol consumption. No alcohol within 8 hrs, but then they can work you until you are “legally drunk” on fatigue?!

Proud union member and ex-union chairman of over 2,000 pilots!

P.S. You like weekends and holidays off? Unions!
You like PAID vacations? Unions!
You like workplace safety? Unions!
You like breaks during your working day? Unions!
Maternity leave? Unions!

And on and on and on!

What you take for granted was hard fought AND WON, on your behalf by union members of the past...many of whom were beaten and killed while trying to get those things!
Sounds like a lead swingers charter.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.