Liverpool (H) | Pre-Match Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 81382
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Very average these days but still top of the league with some brilliant players and an excellent manager. If they are very average what are Atleti who beat Liverpool twice?

People are free to express their opinion and other people are free to say it's bullshit.

Sorry I meant average by theirs and Barcelona’s previous standards. Freakish results can happen and Liverpool on balance should have hammered Atleti at Anfield but a reserve keeper fucked up and cost them the tie. Wolves and utd have beat us twice but I’d hardly class either as great sides off the back of that.

I would start Foden tonight, he has earned his place with his post lockdown performances.

I would be surprised if our Spanish legend won't be picked as a starter
by his grateful Spanish coach in any big match left for the rest of his career
that hopefully will end with some more silver glory.
Farewell tour 2020.

Foden could start on LW though, but I think he will come on for David after an hour.

They are rested and will press high. I hope we won't give it away on the counter as usual
and make it too easy for them.

And can we have a ref please who just looks after the fuckin rules no matter which club is playing?

Sorry I meant average by theirs and Barcelona’s previous standards. Freakish results can happen and Liverpool on balance should have hammered Atleti at Anfield but a reserve keeper fucked up and cost them the tie. Wolves and utd have beat us twice but I’d hardly class either as great sides off the back of that.

By their standards Real are good, albeit not great yet, and are winning the league. Liverpool had 0 shots on target in Madrid against the 6th team in La Liga, we had 9 shots on target at Bernabeu. Why take away from our performance in order to back up a questionable point against our manager?

Wolves played against 10 man City for 80 minutes and needed gifts from our defenders to win both games while we hit the post. United away Pep made many changes. Different cases altogether, imo.

Unfortunately I only see a Liverpool win unless all.our players put in a peak performance. They are better than us at the moment, especially in defence and attack. The result of course isn't majorly important but it would be nice to win.

Unfortunately I only see a Liverpool win unless all.our players put in a peak performance. They are better than us at the moment, especially in defence and attack. The result of course isn't majorly important but it would be nice to win.

What counts as "the moment" now? They haven't been that great since January and had a poor performance against Everton recently. They looked good against a toothless Palace team but so did we against Arsenal, Burnley and Newcastle.

Personally, I'm confident that we'll play quite well.

I see our game being advertised on sky has bloody Gerry and the pacemakers singing you'll never walk alone as the backdrop. It really is sickening.

This is the only lockdown league game I can get properly arsed about. I don't see it as an entirely dead rubber. We need to show them we can beat them. If we lose to them again it will only add to the inferiority complex we seem to have - albeit mainly at their place. It is a game where Foden needs to be given a significant opportunity to shine. And I would like to see them fall short of our records and realistically that won't happen if we don't beat them. Three reasons to be beerfull tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.