UEFA FFP investigation - CAS decision to be announced Monday, 13th July 9.30am BST

What do you think will be the outcome of the CAS hearing?

• Two-year ban upheld

Votes: 197 13.1%
  • Ban reduced to one year

Votes: 422 28.2%
  • Ban overturned and City exonerated

Votes: 815 54.4%
  • Other

Votes: 65 4.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wall of silence from the media is telling, and goes to show that the underlying hatred and racism against our club and our owners when the initial public trial was ongoing and punishment given was evident in all the pleasure they took in reporting it.

That hatred and racism levelled towards our owners is still present, at the minute it is subdued because the leaks that occurred last time are not in place.

Those that leaked the info when this all began, were executing their plan in the public domain via their media connections are now blind and that is a good thing. This shows how UEFA is infested with certain vested interests from cartel mafia clubs.

It will be interesting to see how the media deal with all this in their Sunday articles, the wall of silence will be tested as those that want to see us punished - regardless of our club saying we have evidence to show no guilt - will put some anti-City pieces out as a last chance in the event should the CAS rule in our favour.

Those that are still blind enough to still read the press media and believe a narrative that serves a certain purpose, will no doubt jump on the saying that City have bought their way out of the sanction, that is something which is not new to us City fans as we have heard it all before.

However, should the CAS devision exonerate our Club and owners it will be very interesting to see what the media report and what tone their articles have.

Should we be cleared, City will need to be stronger against those that want to slander our name in the media.

Whether we then start to play hardball against certain clubs that have tried to damage us in all this saga will remain to be seen.

Fingers crossed now for Monday morning, we will all be trying to log onto the CAS website at the exact time along with those that want to the decision to go against us.
Seem to remember Sorriano saying in his interview, that should we win the time will then come to deal with some of the other people / organisations making stuff up.

If he's correct on Monday morning yes, if he's called it wrong the man will be destroyed and his City career/connections over!
If he's wrong he deserves a statue or a stand named after him just for the wummery of the caf and rawk. Never in all the history of false usernames and multiple accounts has their been such an effective bid to troll both those forums at once. Hero.

The last paragraph is guesswork, yes, but the point I was making is that such guesswork is no less valid than a tweet saying "sounding like", "from what I'm hearing", and "nothing confirmed yet". It's almost as bad as "sources say". Most noticeably he has given himself a get-out clause in case it is wrong. Why should we attach any weight to it at the moment?

Secondly, you're a sensitive soul if you think I'm trying to "stick the knife in". Perhaps you should quote me properly and include the bit where I say "relative". I wouldn't even call it "excessive" to say that his acrimonious departure from the BBC and now from City (not necessarily acrimoniously) represents a relative fall from grace.

Lastly, I disagree with the notion that he doesn't need to qualify his remarks further. People are rightly anxious about our fate over what is the most important issue the club has faced in recent times. This isn't just some harmless transfer speculation. If he's going to make himself the only person in the world who publicly comes out with knowledge of our fate then he needs to offer more.

Several people I know who are well connected with City are saying the same thing. We may or may not be exonerated but Ian’s post was more than guesswork. I won’t take anything for granted.

i am not sure what you have got against Ian but let’s see what happens at 9.30am on Monday. Being obsessed with City wasn’t a crime the last time I checked. We could do with a few more ultras IMHO.

Publication can only be suppressed if both parties agree, if only one party wants that the judgement will still be published.

R59 - The award, a summary and/or a press release setting forth the results of the
proceedings shall be made public by CAS, unless both parties agree that they should
remain confidential. In any event, the other elements of the case record shall remain
confidential.
Yes but that summary will be very short and details of the evidence will remain closed.

To be fair transperecy is very important

I agree and I would love to see all of the evidence. It just annoys me that the PR blokes pretending to be journalists all seem to be in some sort of denial that if it shows we've done everything correctly and the charges were trumped up they'll still try and jump on any negative paragraphs they may have to spin their "City bought their way out of being charged" agenda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.