CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

The winning side is always "generous" in yerms of their costs and it's great when that cheque arrives (after a bit of haggling). Double slap in the chops when you have to pay out for losing though.
I imagine €10k/hr not out of the question for the initial costs bill for 2 QC’s...

You are correct. Where an obligation exists to co-operate with investigators it is not for the subject of the investigation to decide whether or not to co-operate. It's an allegation it's very difficult to lose on and we never denied it anyway but simply offered mitigation.

If you think about it, if non-co-operation was permitted, those who were up to no good would never co-operate thus denying investigators evidence they are entitled to. So whilst we had good trust-related (and probably commercial) reasons not to co-operate, it would be an exceptional ruling to find in our favour. I think that will go to costs but @Shads may be correct as regards arbitration. I've only been involved in High Court proceedings.
Prevailing party in Arbitrations is a lot less scientific than the win or lose each element of claim aspect in High Court. The panel will look at what was most important to each party and the level of evidence provided in respect of those issues. It’s entirely clear that City won on the main issue. Let’s face it CAS even put it in big capital letters in their press release!!!!

We've done a special Blue Moon Podcast off the back of the judgement this morning - looking at what it means, if it kills off FFP, and if City will now go all guns blazing in the transfer market:

Well done, not that there is anything really to applaud City for.....well maybe for actually showing UEFA up as biased/corrupt or many other words.
Do quite admire the quiet knowing confidence of the owners waiting to stick it to UEFA in such a high profile way
It may not just be UEFA that we stick the boot into. ;)

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.