CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

You lot getting your knickers in a twist about the odd shitty irrelevant pundit’s take on this is pretty funny.

We won. Much of the narrative since has been positive. It will get more positive when the full judgement is released. City have put Pep into bat nicely and there will be more leaks/releases through the right channels in time, I’m sure.

We as a club have behaved with dignity throughout and have the spoils.

Its not really the odd one though is it? We celebrate a single positive news story from Martin Samuel but for every Samuel there are ten turds like Delaney. Everyone just assumes that Samuel has been paid by the club for his take on it and because everyone else in the media has a different view, Samuel and therefore City are talking rubbish.

It should have been made clear by the club on Monday, that if you want to write about this case and verdict, by all means do so but the content had better be similar to Martin Samuels and if it isn't, you can expect a call from our lawyers.

We may have some top-notch lawyers but even after all these years, it appears we have absolute amateurs in charge of our PR.

I can only assume that our owners do not believe the media campaign against us is going to fundamentally damage their long term investment if we keep winning on the pitch

I think the club did right to not say much, as we are still waiting for CAS details.

What if details come out that time-barred financial transfers were indeed more than questionable?
Media summary will be "guilty, time-barred, technicality, City has ruined football".

It would look even worse if we'd come out Monday with a mouthy statement.
So let's wait.

I have a feeling we will never leave this mess clean and acquitted. We are branded.

All we could do is explain our situation back then in detail, maybe admit mistakes but also put full light on the other players of the game that brought football in the situation it is today.
We are only a small part of the fuckin story.

Its not really the odd one though is it? We celebrate a single positive news story from Martin Samuel but for every Samuel there are ten turds like Delaney. Everyone just assumes that Samuel has been paid by the club for his take on it and because everyone else in the media has a different view, Samuel and therefore City are talking rubbish.

It should have been made clear by the club on Monday, that if you want to write about this case and verdict, by all means do so but the content had better be similar to Martin Samuels and if it isn't, you can expect a call from our lawyers.

We may have some top-notch lawyers but even after all these years, it appears we have absolute amateurs in charge of our PR.

All I’ve seen has been pretty much “exonerated” type coverage, but I don’t scour the internet looking for what rivals say. Klopp was the exception but you’d expect that from them. Let’s see how things pan out over the next couple of weeks.

It'll be interesting to see if/when the penny drops in some quarters that perhaps Uefa are the bad guys. I'm not holding my breath, but it's interesting to see how long the cognitive dissonance can be kept up.
All carefully plotted with the chosen few and it's all gone tits up for them and they have no where to turn as they thought we were stuffed. Forget the biased idiots still drumming their vile spiel. Can you imagine the conversations and fault blaming going on behind closed doors at the moment with all those involved! !

I think the club did right to not say much, as we are still waiting for CAS details.

What if details come out that time-barred financial transfers were indeed more than questionable?
Media summary will be "guilty, time-barred, technicality, City has ruined football".

It would look even worse if we'd come out Monday with a mouthy statement.
So let's wait.

I have a feeling we will never leave this mess clean and acquitted. We are branded.

All we could do is explain our situation back then in detail, maybe admit mistakes but also put full light on the other players of the game that brought football in the situation it is today.
We are only a small part of the fuckin story.
Disagree, Peps come out all guns blazing, his credibility would be at stake.
We are squeaky mate

I have to hold my hands up. I've worked in newspapers for almost 40 years now ... including working with the sports desks at The Sun, The Daily Star, The Expess and the Mirror among others, as well as all the football mags ... and never really subscribed to the idea that there was a deliberate, coordinated bias against City. It seemed to me that papers, traditionally, would just seize on whatever the big story was and pursue it, regardless of the personal loyalties of individual journos and editors. But the coverage of City and FPP, compounded by the reaction to the CAS ruling today, has been eye-opening. I don't know whether it is tribal, or hubris and a refusal to concede that they were wrong ... or more depressingly, just plain old racism and xenophobia ... but the vitriol and antipathy towards our club across swathes of UK print media is irrefutable. Hands held up.

Thought this was worth a bump to be reread.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.