Summer Transfers

Everything is not pointing to us signing another midfielder, rather a just a replacement for Sane.

If we want to give Foden the minutes he deserves next season, Aouar isn't coming. Personally think that deal is dead in the water unless another midfielder leaves - and I can't see that happenning.
pep just loves his midfielders though doesn't he?

pep just loves his midfielders though doesn't he?

He does, just don't see where Aouar fits in without someone like Gundogan leaving.

We already have KDB, Foden, Bernardo (who has been playing a lot more centrally since we returned) and Gundogan for 2 spots. Doyle seems to be knocking on the door for that cup rotation role that Foden had over the past two seasons.

Potentially could see us signing a hybrid player like Havertz or Grealish, who could play centrally or on the wings, but I don't think we'll sign an out and out midfielder like Aouar.

He does, just don't see where Aouar fits in without someone like Gundogan leaving.

We already have KDB, Foden, Bernardo (who has been playing a lot more centrally since we returned) and Gundogan for 2 spots. Doyle seems to be knocking on the door for that cup rotation role that Foden had over the past two seasons.

Potentially could see us signing a hybrid player like Havertz or Grealish, who could play centrally or on the wings, but I don't think we'll sign an out and out midfielder like Aouar.
fair point,its like trying to pick a pep starting 11...near on impossible to say. Who do you think we will go all out for and what positions ? looked at one point cancelo was on his way but that's gone quiet recently. What about the potential new striker and names?

... We already have KDB, Foden, Bernardo (who has been playing a lot more centrally since we returned) and Gundogan for 2 spots. ...

That would mean Gundo is back to AM?
Rodri and Fern at DM then - as Pep said, when we have new CBs?

Or Pep wants to improve LB and Zinch moves to cover AM as well?

Ake or Alaba
Skriniar or Koulibaly
Torres

Job done for just shy of 150 million

Sané million are still lying somewhere in the corner.
If Bernardo converts to AM we could need another man for the forward line on top of Torres,
and we have no left footed winger. Rare these days.

Sané million are still lying somewhere in the corner.
If Bernardo converts to AM we could need another man for the forward line on top of Torres,
and we have no left footed winger. Rare these days.
We do have left footed wingers, they just play on the right.

Do you think City will announce any signings before the end of the season?
I have a feeling we would rather wait until the end of the Champions League so as not to hurt the motivation of perhaps the existing players, i.e. at least another month of rumors.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.