CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

Javier Tebas: "CAS is dying. We all know what #ManCity does. When they were convicted, there was no surprise. Yesterday [Monday] was a bad day for European football." [via
@SpheraSports
Kaz this twat needs putting in his box no doubt about it.

We need to go full hog on this fucker & whatever we have in the skeleton cupboard let it all out...

If true, this is inline with what many of us thought was the current situation between Ceferin and City.

And may be an indication that a cleaning of the UEFA chateau may be coming.

There is a big part of me that wouldn’t be surprised if we’ve been working with UEFA throughout with some of this. It was that incompetent by them, particularly the time barred element given precisely that had already gone against them at CAS before, that I do wonder if it was consciously done knowing this would be the outcome.

Kaz this twat needs putting in his box no doubt about it.

We need to go full hog on this fucker & whatever we have in the skeleton cupboard let it all out...

the full quotes are mental to be fair

"We all know what City do. When they were punished (by UEFA originally), there was no surprise among the majority of us involved in European football.

"I don't want to say (people were) happy, but at last there was a sense of justice against these big state-owned clubs, the other being Paris Saint-Germain.

"City will be in the Champions League next season because the CAS did things badly, not because City have done things properly.

"I would like to see the CAS's final resolution. When it's released and I read it, I will say what I am convinced about to Guardiola, that they haven't done things properly. They've done things badly at the CAS.

"The CAS is dead. I've had doubts about the CAS for many years, not just because of this resolution, but for many more. It's the opposite of what it should be; there's no transparency."

City boss Guardiola feels his club are owed an apology, believing the verdict vindicates their rigorous defence of their position.

Tottenham manager Jose Mourinho branded the CAS decision a "a disgrace" and Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp said it was not "a good day for football."

Tebas alleges the four-time Premier League champions have used fictitious sponsors and inflated naming-rights deals to boost their income to allow them to spend big in the transfer market.

"When the CAS reversed the decision, there were protests – from Klopp, Mourinho – because we all know they're trying to find a way around the FFP rules," said Tebas.

"City, in the last five years, along with PSG, are the club that have spent the most.

"City haven't signed with their own resources, like Manchester United do, who bring in money through television or sponsors. They sign with petrodollars, with money obtained through oil by the (owners in the) United Arab Emirates.

"The state-owned clubs in Europe do what they want. Fictitious sponsors, naming rights (for stadiums) in the case of Man City.

"The Etihad Stadium is not worth (what is paid for it) and that creates a very dangerous economic situation for us."

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.