David Silva leaves City after 10 years

Time to let go..... We have let.go of Zabba, then Yaya, then Vinny and now David and next is Sergio......

Fern next surely?

this crazy.

him play like beast now.

sure need stay,him play many games next season.

but again if stay,not be easy to say goodbay to silva,aguero and dinho in one summer.

Aguero & Fern are both leaving this Summer too? When did that happen?

No petition, instead remember the magnifience in the final few games of his 10 year career at City, rather than seeing a Legend fall with another year.

So many great players hang-on until they are shadows of their greatness, we are truly lucky to witness genius to the end.

A petition to keep a footballer at a club?

Christ let me get off this bus. We sound like LiVARpool. Whats next, a candle lit farewell whilst throwing fireworks at the town hall and lobbing bricks through the number 22 bus?

He has been an amazing player, but he wants to go and he gets our full blessing. he has given everything to City, and never let us down.

Respect his decision. He has been phenomenal and probably could play another year but he thinks the time is right and to be honest so do I. He will leave with 10 sublime years behind him. No phoning it in, no carrying him, 10 years of contribution. Go out at the top (hopefully with the CL)

Would love him to stay 1 more year.

He is such a great player,that his footballing brain compensates for any physical decline.

He effortlessly works the ball.

Please stay Merlin.

i think he still has a role.

No petition, instead remember the magnifience in the final few games of his 10 year career at City, rather than seeing a Legend fall with another year.

So many great players hang-on until they are shadows of their greatness, we are truly lucky to witness genius to the end.
I totally get the memory angle and the risk of deteriorating performances as he gets older.

However, a petition would

1. clearly demonstrate how appreciate and loved he is
2. provide the contract could be about limiting the clubs expectations around his appearances
3. cover him to become a coaching and psychological mentor for lads like Foden, they would benefit enormously.
4. enablr the City fans who do adore him to say proper goodbye and farewell

If the consensus is this would be detrimental, then fine, I accept there will be a range of views on this (as has been in this thread), this is jus how I feel!

Seen on a fan page on Insta (I know) that we’ve offered him a 1 year contract extension???

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.