It's Quiet thread 14 - 'do one' edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure Sir Jordan would leave to come here. Ask yourself would you rather play with KDB, Jesus, Laporte, Silva and Sterling or Oxlade - Chamberlain, Origi, Gomez, Fabinho and Salah. No contest if you ask me and if he were to come we would probably have to quadruple his wages to £10k per week. Can't see it myself but then again stranger things have happened

Not sure Sir Jordan would leave to come here. Ask yourself would you rather play with KDB, Jesus, Laporte, Silva and Sterling or Oxlade - Chamberlain, Origi, Gomez, Fabinho and Salah. No contest if you ask me and if he were to come we would probably have to quadruple his wages to £10k per week. Can't see it myself but then again stranger things have happened
They get paid?
I always thought you went there for the love of the club and its history.

There's no accurate algorithm possible, it's impossible because there's too many variables to ever be able to calculate it.

You can measure some variables (e.g. distance to goal, angle) but how can you accurately measure (e.g. defenders positions blocking a percentage of the goal, the speed angle and spin on a cross or pass to the striker, a defender pulling your shirt to unbalance you, you falling over like Sterling with the header off the floor, how quickly you have to shoot before a defender closes you down)?

You simply can't put an algorithm on that stuff, it's impossible, so xG is bollocks. To try and use it to justify our strikers being shit and not clinical enough is comical. It's like trying to measure someone's cock by where they buy their weekly shopping.

Sorry mate but organisations such as Smartodds and Starlizard make millions each year doing just that so xG is far from bollocks. It’s not perfect but neither is VAR. Brentford and Brighton have used it to outperform much richer clubs.

Whatever happened to the Brazilian winger we were heavily linked with? I think his name was Everton (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.