CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

This has probably been covered on here, but after Roan changed his stance slightly, daily mail have also changed theirs to 'overwhelmingly exonerated '. Club are clearly fighting back, just wish they'd go after the likes of the WhatsApp group and others.
Clearly Vikki and her team were working late into the night, a thankless task dealing with a dispicable bunch of Cu*n*s

The thing I am struggling with is what advantage we gained by not co-operating with the UEFA investigation? I have no doubt that even if we had then UEFA would have tried to make something stick but we still would have had the option to go to CAS for a de bono hearing.

UEFA may well have tried to expand their investigation into a general fishing trip but at that point we could have refused to co-operate further and I assume CAS would have backed that stance. We have still come away from CAS with a substantial fine and, more importantly, we have been censured for non-co-operation thereby giving the media ammunition to infer that we were hiding something.

Agree with you the spot light should be on UEFA for running an organisation which was leaking confidential information to the press.

I completely agree.
City should released a statement first thing this morning now the final report has been released, and make it very clear that we have been cleared. From this point onwards anything written to reject this, will be taken further and those individuals who do continue to write this bullshit will be banned from all mcfc activities for a 5 year period.
Get it done city show some fucking backbone
spot on .

Fuc-ing lot media, UEFA press all in it together were not aloud to upset their cosy top 4 party ah but we won and unless the Premier Lesgue show their true colours not a lot they can do apart from cry in the press and media posts !
Would like us to ask the PL what they intent to do with their members clubs that conspired and formally went to UEFA demanding to have us out of European football because of our alleged crimes when not only were we totally innocent, but it was none of their business. Hope each and everyone of those clubs are having to sleep with one eye open to see what transpires.

If the BBC get a few dozen complaints, nothing will change. If they get tens of thousands of complaints we might see improvements.

It’s easy to sit on your arse complaining about the doers.
The BBC will put you in a holding pattern and do fuck all about it. Their sense of fair play being lost years ago, they will merely see any complaints as noise from a biased audience. Ever watch a Question Time audience going through their set routines?

The thing I am struggling with is what advantage we gained by not co-operating with the UEFA investigation? I have no doubt that even if we had then UEFA would have tried to make something stick but we still would have had the option to go to CAS for a de bono hearing.

UEFA may well have tried to expand their investigation into a general fishing trip but at that point we could have refused to co-operate further and I assume CAS would have backed that stance. We have still come away from CAS with a substantial fine and, more importantly, we have been censured for non-co-operation thereby giving the media ammunition to infer that we were hiding something.
The 2 points of failed cooperation;

1. UEFA demanding a full cross examination / interrogation of 7 or 8 members of MCFC staff at a private hearing in 2019 - only Soriano attended, it’s obvious why City would not consent to this. Why would we sacrifice our staff to UEFA’s/g14’s wolves? CAS said if we did present these witnesses, as we did for CAS, UEFA may have found us not guilty (pro tip, they wouldn’t have, they just would have been able to warp our evidence in to their prosecution).

2. the Email chains and who is Mohamed? We provided this all voluntarily to CAS. This info exonerated us.

The reason we didn’t cooperate is clear, as we stated this to UEFA and CAS, we wouldn’t comment to UEFA regarding illegally stolen emails, and we quoted the Portuguese judge reviewing Rui Pinto’s case who said his emails should not be used for prosecution in any setting world wide. We thought the entire investigation was compromised (we were right) and that we’d be found guilty no matter what by UEFA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.