CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

I know my eyesight is failing but I am sure I read somewhere in the verdict that CAS mentions the fact that one of emails used as evidence was actually two emails doctored and made to look as one. Nick Harris suggests that isn’t the case and all emails were authentic. Am I going mad or is he, as I presume, being economical with the truth?

EeBpIVmWAAEPUcP

Also due to them doctoring the emails by removing the dates, it couldn't be seen that at least 1 of the emails was from before FFP was introduced.

You could ask him why they only published 6 edited emails out of 5.5 million hacked documents (from City alone, page 38, section 88). That alone should have alerted UEFA that proceeding on those grounds alone would have made them look stupid. Because the emails turned out to be more or less authentic, (allowing for the editing and redactions) UEFA then decided that the amounts mentioned matched our accounts therefore it must be true that we were 'cooking the books'.

Its in UEFA rules which CAS were using to see if we complied with them.
Because we did not trust the whole process we decided to not give them any more evidence that in itself would likely be ignored or used against us. We chose to break that rule and the fine ensues.
Our reasons were irrelevant as far as CAS were concerned but they did say if we had shown that evidence we may have prevented the need for CAS to be involved.
We preferred to prove our innocence initially with CAS. As PB said earlier we may choose to get the fine eliminated legally.

I know exactly what happened and why mate, I'm just surprised, given the mitigating circumstances, that they still chose to fine us, I sincerely hope what PB has said proves to be correct.

All probably true but it still doesn't answer my question as to what advantage the club has gained.

I'm not seeing one.

I think City were probably saying this is a joke, we’ve told you they’re hacked and they’re out of context. There is no case. Hoping that it would end there.

UEFA were sufficiently pressured to pursue even without evidence, calling us out to produce said evidence at Cas or if we were bluffing they would be vindicated.

Both sides “called” essentially to bets and bluffs and when the cards were shown we had the full house and they had a pair of 2s.

The truth is - he knows the score, irrespective of his bullshit. We know he knows and it's hurting him.
All have decision to make.
Do they continue with the vitriol that has kept them newsworthy risking ridicule or find another angle to entice anti city opinion.
I'm they are aware that now a proper court has given a verdict they must choose their words carefully.

In view of the lack of evidence and the tampering with the emails I find it hard to understand how uefa were not held liable for all legal costs as it essentially a malicious / false accusation by them, and also where the fuck the 10m fine is justified. Despite 'winning' we have been pretty severly punished and der spiegel / uefa get off.

In view of the lack of evidence and the tampering with the emails I find it hard to understand how uefa were not held liable for all legal costs as it essentially a malicious / false accusation by them, and also where the fuck the 10m fine is justified. Despite 'winning' we have been pretty severly punished and der spiegel / uefa get off.

Actually if you look at it this way, they pay half of our costs for our gazillion lawyers and I am sure they were not cheap. They only had six back street lawyers to feed.

I wish I could agree with you but after reading it all carefully I cannot. There is no implication at all. They would not examine them because it was time barred and this will give the opportunity for those that wish to say that we got off on a technicality. I suspect City could easily have applied all the same arguments and got in the relevant high ups from Etisalat but as they were not required to, they did not.
Well that would have been finding City guilty for the same offence twice as Etisalat was dealt with in the 2014 judgement!

Also due to them doctoring the emails by removing the dates, it couldn't be seen that at least 1 of the emails was from before FFP was introduced.

You could ask him why they only published 6 edited emails out of 5.5 million hacked documents (from City alone, page 38, section 88). That alone should have alerted UEFA that proceeding on those grounds alone would have made them look stupid. Because the emails turned out to be more or less authentic, (allowing for the editing and redactions) UEFA then decided that the amounts mentioned matched our accounts therefore it must be true that we were 'cooking the books'.

As if they searched through 5.5 million emails and only found 6 emails worth publishing (and even those 6 were doctored). We’re almost completely squeaky clean

Either Rui Pinto, in which case the law is already dealing with him, or someone at Der Spiegel who thought it made the story look better. I suppose we could pursue DS through the German courts but it's questionable whether it's worth the hassle tbh, it could drag on.
I assume it would certainly drag on, but when you hear media organisations and so-called journalists banging on about 'freedom of the press,' then they should suffer the consequences of abusing that freedom. It's not just City suffering at the hand of these liars and twisters of the truth.

All probably true but it still doesn't answer my question as to what advantage the club has gained.

I'm not seeing one.

The club saw no advantage in disclosing the e-mails to UEFA and were rightly concerned about further leaks.

Some sections of the e-mails have been redacted by UEFA to protect commercial confidentiality. Would you trust UEFA to do the same when slipping them across to the likes of Tariq and Conn?

We simply didn't trust the impartiality and integrity of the investigators particularly in view of the leaks. We rightly saw it as an adversarial process and that we would eventually have to go to CAS. Under such circumstances I don't blame the club for not volunteering witnesses and erring on the side of caution when it came to disclosure of the e-mails.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.