Ferran Torres

Status
Not open for further replies.
we have to remember this guy is the same age as Foden and will need time to adapt (whereas Foden has spent the last 18 months being introduced to premiership football) -

He looks very good but I think we will need to expect (and understand that we will get) some varied performances from him

He will require the same patience from fans that they would give Foden

Yep, just like Sané, Bernardo, and Mahrez’s first seasons. Think it will be until the turn of the new year when we see Torres making more appearances. He’s gotta learn Pep’s complex positional requirements first.
I’d add Rodri and Cancelo to that too. Think next season will be the best season for Sterling, Jesus, Mahrez, Bernardo, Foden, Rodri, Cancelo. Think having that core of settled players plus Ederson, KDB, Aguero and Laporte will help him settle but will still take a year to start seeing Torres become a regular.

https://fbref.com/en/

They use data from StatsBomb who work with a lot of Premier League and European clubs and are an interesting follow on twitter if you're interested in stats at all. They have a habit of picking up players who are about to explode before they do - Ziyech and Alisson are the ones that made me pay attention to them really.
Looks like a great site. Speaking of pressures per match... check Foden out!! Wow. Admittedly it may be skewed slightly because of how many cameos he’s had where fatigue is not an issue. But still, over 31 per 90 mins last season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.