CAS judgement: UEFA ban overturned, City exonerated (report out p603)

1) UEFA didn't prove the time barred stuff regardless of it being time barred or not.
I'd like to know that too, it would give the press one less thing to hide behind instead of "taking the L" as they say on twitter.

Has anyone actually collected what was factually stated as time barred in the report? Nick is claiming things I've seen no examples of.

I only know of one period for sure. As I understand it there is a what is called a monitoring process(for break even information) which comes the year after(I think) the financial statement of the previous year, starting and ending in May. There were two payments that came in the 2013/14 monitoring process that were received June 2012 and Jan 2013 that UEFA wanted to raise to the panel.

Etisalat-Time-Barring.png

Note that it says "If it were true" rather than agreeing with UEFA, as some are trying to spin it.

All the Etihad related stuff I looked at said no evidence in the main and "not sufficient evidence" in a minority of cases. So it looks like they did explore the Etihad stuff more completely(regardless of limitation periods) and some of the Etisalat payments after 2014, unless I'm missing something.

Having thought about it, even if there is anything that was dismissed and therefore not explored(as with PSG's time barred example), that doesn't mean UEFA proved their case. In my opinion it would have probably been better to explore everything and show UEFA had no proof(that seems to be consistent with their case) but City have no say in how CAS handle things which are time barred. Since they raised it I can only assume this is just the quickest way to defeat a claim and City were happy to do that rather than drag it out longer than necessary.

Looking at the press reaction they'd still be looking for ways to spin it and claim the same thing, even if everything had "no evidence".

"Just because we can't prove it, it doesn't mean you're not cheats" would be their new retort.

Last edited:
I know it’s fuck all use.but, for what it’s worth this is what I have said in my complaint to the BBC:

I just wanted to say as a usually vociferous advocate of the BBC - which ought to be a cherished unbiased institution., I am utterly despondent at the coverage of the CAS findings between UEFA and Manchester City FC. Someone reading that piece would understand the exact opposite of the truth. Though I strongly suspect that the sad ,unfettered partisanship and tribalism in football is at the root of it, as well as the need for the “click bait” nature of modern , online “churnalism”. Anyway it is clearly biased and it is evident not a modicum of research of the actual document released by CAS has taken place - given it is 93 pages long and the speed at which this witless drivel was published. Suggesting it was “oven ready “ for the report’s release. Truth is there that an English Football club ( the most successful English football club of the last decade) was accused of financial manipulation to circumvent rules on the basis of emails (stolen) which have since been proven to have been , let’s be kind and call it - manipulated. Additionally the key finding isn’t that Manchester City have been fined for not complying.. (with a kangaroo court which was leaking like a sieve ) but rather , that Manchester City Football club was found to have NOT been guilty of circumventing said rules . Anyway in short I have loved the BBC for many decades, but frankly you have failed us all. This piece of badly researched , tribalist, click baiting , pandering to the masses , utterly myopic unbalanced , lacking in depth and nuance- tripe cannot go unchallenged. It in my opinion contravenes the BBC convention on balance and fairness . Thanks for the memories Aunty Beeb, you have let yourself go though if this is anything to measure the current journalistic “stature” by. Select the best category to describe your complaintBiasDo you require a response to your complaint?Yes
That’s pretty much what my complaint said. Hopefully that helps validate them! There should be an inquiry in the reporting.

Conn is probably being paid by someone maybe Qatar to Keep writing this nonsense. He’s obsessed.
Really is one sad fucler who wants putting back under a rock
Has he really nothing else to do?
Unless of course he's a Qatari shill

I know it’s fuck all use.but, for what it’s worth this is what I have said in my complaint to the BBC:

I just wanted to say as a usually vociferous advocate of the BBC - which ought to be a cherished unbiased institution., I am utterly despondent at the coverage of the CAS findings between UEFA and Manchester City FC. Someone reading that piece would understand the exact opposite of the truth. Though I strongly suspect that the sad ,unfettered partisanship and tribalism in football is at the root of it, as well as the need for the “click bait” nature of modern , online “churnalism”. Anyway it is clearly biased and it is evident not a modicum of research of the actual document released by CAS has taken place - given it is 93 pages long and the speed at which this witless drivel was published. Suggesting it was “oven ready “ for the report’s release. Truth is there that an English Football club ( the most successful English football club of the last decade) was accused of financial manipulation to circumvent rules on the basis of emails (stolen) which have since been proven to have been , let’s be kind and call it - manipulated. Additionally the key finding isn’t that Manchester City have been fined for not complying.. (with a kangaroo court which was leaking like a sieve ) but rather , that Manchester City Football club was found to have NOT been guilty of circumventing said rules . Anyway in short I have loved the BBC for many decades, but frankly you have failed us all. This piece of badly researched , tribalist, click baiting , pandering to the masses , utterly myopic unbalanced , lacking in depth and nuance- tripe cannot go unchallenged. It in my opinion contravenes the BBC convention on balance and fairness . Thanks for the memories Aunty Beeb, you have let yourself go though if this is anything to measure the current journalistic “stature” by. Select the best category to describe your complaintBiasDo you require a response to your complaint?Yes
I think Ofcom should be contacted too. This type of behaviour surely conteravenes the bbc's terms as a public service?

I'd like to know that too, it would give the press one less thing to hide behind instead of "taking the L" as they say on twitter.

Has anyone actually collected what was factually stated as time barred in the report? Nick is claiming things I've seen no examples of.

I only know of one for sure. The Etisalat 2012-13 payments(I thought the others weren't timebared after that point?), all the Etihad related stuff I looked at said no evidence in the main and "not sufficient evidence" in a minority of cases.

Having thought about it, even if it was dismissed and therefore not even explored(as with PSG's time barred example), that doesn't mean UEFA proved their case. In my opinion it would have probably been better to explore it and show UEFA had no proof on that too but City have no say in how CAS handle things which are time barred.

Looking at the press reaction they'd still be looking for ways to spin it and claim the same thing, even if everything had "no evidence".

"Just because we can't prove it, it doesn't mean you're not cheats" would be their new retort.

The issue I have more is how big a deal they are making of that tbh. That sponsorship essentially paid for Wilfried Bony, I’d argue we were punished enough already ;)

Ultimately, all of this is about burden of proof. Us getting the sponsors themselves to say that they paid it (and likewise Mansour saying he didn’t) was always going to be enough for there not to be anywhere near the level of comfortable satisfaction needed from CAS. What I don’t understand is on some of those points, it was only a majority of the panel finding rather than all of the panel. We’ve seen insinuation already of bias from two arbitrators towards us from journalists - why not the insinuation of bias from the third towards Uefa instead...?

I have to be honest though, I would absolutely love the next set of sponsorships that we sign to not be Abu Dhabi companies so that this isn’t even an insinuation that can be levelled at us and I do think in the early days we probably were...creative in some aspects.

Whether we actually did anything dodgy is ultimately irrelevant though, there is no proof. I’ll always believe Liverpool did something dodgy in writing off 50m on stadium plans. I don’t see, and never have seen, any journalist even question that though.

On Twitter. But why we let these rancid, lying fuckers wander around the Etihad unchallenged is beyond me. I'm certainly not advocating violence but we should given them a "guard of dishonour" when they walk into the stadium in future. They should learn that words have consequences.
I sacked twitter as it became a thoroughly depressing cesspit. How did your tweets go today?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.