Nathan Ake

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think as fans we worry too much on fees, it is only ever one part of the equation with wages, agency fees.

It just happens to be the most visible and the ones fan’s talk about.

However this fee be it 35 or 41 is not one that is going to be talked about much anyway.

Bournemouth fans love this guy, they absolutely LOVE him. Both his ability and attitude.

To me he seems a footballer every bit as much as a centre back.

Whilst I still think the plan is to get another starting CB, I think this guy will surprise a lot with his quality.

All except those who watched him consistently, who already knew.

2 great signings so far and 2 more needed.

It’s impossible to say how Ake will adapt. Our defenders play a high line due to our pressing game.
Main items should be if he’s comfortable on the ball (yes) and read the game well enough (yes). Yes he needs to be able to defend (proven at Bournemouth).
If he’s able to make the step up due to Pep and better players around him, I’m sure he has a big chance to succeed.

I think paying £41m for Ake is going to do us no favours when we try and negotiate a reasonable fee for Koulibaly.

If you take away what we got for sane , both Ake and torres have cost us around 20 mill net spend , incredible business.

A red shite who's certainly got far more insight into the club than most of our supposed 'ITK's on here.

I have found that some of his general articles and tweets regarding City are worth reading but as far as being ITK I can't remember him being the first with a transfer that wasn't already in the media but I may of missed one?

With regards to the UEFA ban, he firstly said that we would be fined but no ban and then after the ban was announced he said his sources told him that CAS would rule against us.

Sounds ITK to me :)

He's scores his fair share of headers for someone who's not good in the air...

I've said it before but he's got surprisingly good instincts in the opponent's box and a good sense of where rebounds are going to fall.

I would have prefixed that statement with "for a defender" but I think some of our players could learn a thing or two in that regard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.