Real Madrid (H) Pre-Match Thread

Match Result vs Real Madrid (H)?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently we’re playing a behind closed doors friendly on Saturday/Sunday. A steward pal has suggested it’s a Scottish team but couldn’t/wouldn’t elaborate. Anyone know who we might be playing?

Well when I hear statements like that I am glad I got out of the UK when I did, incredible that doing something so simple can save many people from death or sickness, yet people go on rants that it's against their frigining liberties, incredible Jeff.
It is not a statement rather a considered opinion. It is most certainly not a rant and I have never said that masks don't have a role to play but rather that the impact of their use may be exaggerated. You and others here clearly don't agree with this view and that's fine.

Anyway, If we have to play Madrid next week I am much more concerned about that then discussing the merits or otherwise of wearing masks.

We have quite a few on Blue Moon particularly on match days. We also have a lot of people who don't much care for freedom of expression even when
put forward in a reasonable and balanced manner. But I guess that's just life in a nutshell I guess.

Anyway about the match. We will need big performances all round to see this one through. I have gone for a draw but I am not all that confident in my prediction. I hope we appreciate our limitations in defence and plan accordingly. If we approach this like a game against Norwich or Watford and try to control 85% of the ball with an ultra high line we may get badly stung. In the previous two seasons prior to the one just gone Pep proved he was one of the top managers of the Premier era. His experience in Europe has not been happy of late and I feel games like this one often require a strong dose of pragmatism. This might be needed in this game and if we are to have a good mini tournament.

So, who in Scotland plays like Real Madrid? I know, St Mirren!
Haha I know, I think the idea of a friendly is just to let them stretch their legs and give the starting 11 another opportunity to play together. I think Txiki mentioned it in an interview the other day. Not a clue who we might play, though. Doesn’t the SPL season start this weekend as well?

If we go through against Madrid, we could potentially face Juventus, Bayern then PSG consecutively (depending on other results).

Imagine winning the CL by going through the champions of all 4 of the other major European leagues. Trying putting an asterisk next to that, regardless of the circumstances you mtherfkers.

Apparently we’re playing a behind closed doors friendly on Saturday/Sunday. A steward pal has suggested it’s a Scottish team but couldn’t/wouldn’t elaborate. Anyone know who we might be playing?

Knowing City it'll be a team that has 11 players called Psycho McNasty starting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.