Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
PRetty sure that only works in England. Hence why you get some dubious transfers of English youth players on frees to never heard of foreign sides, who then sell them to other English sides on the cheap as a way around. Leicester bought George Hirst off Sheffield Wednesday that way iirc
Dortmund has to pay us £8m via tribunal didn’t they? For Sancho? Or did we sell him?

I believe kids refer to this as 'negotiating'. Barca leaked they intend to offer 10M + variables and City come back to leak they value him much higher

There was something about the tenor of Pep's responses and not actually mentioning Barca that made me wonder. Now, makes more sense that they don't intend to be steamrolled by just any offer.

Of course, I can also confirm without any sources needed that there's no way Barca will pay more than 10-15M for a player that is seen as left via the backdoor. Now that Pep confirmed the player will leave, it means it frees the player to respond to questions and if City take a strong stance then Barca will pressure to play things out in the media along with influencing the player to apply pressure too. There's already bad blood there despite professionalism. If you're City you also don't want to alienate potential cantera kids from coming if they sense they will be punished when looking for an exit. No one will want it to drag on until winter when he can sign for free. It's delicate so I do think the messaging reflects that too.

But if it gets played out in the media, well it won't be pretty or good for anyone. A big reason why I still believe it will ultimately go smoothly considering those involved (Puyol, Eric, Pep & Txiki) - City will not want to look foolish and Barca will ultimately let them save some face. Perhaps then 10M will become 15M as a compromise (Along with bonuses) to get it done sooner
"Let us save face"?

He's our player.

You either pay now or you wait, fuck right off with your entitled nonsense.

I thought he’s looked ok in the games we’ve played him but if he’s set on leaving I’m not overly concerned. If we can get a few quid for him, so much the better.

good luck Eric

Calm down Mother Theresa. He isn't good enough anyway in my view. He is no longer committed by his actions. That 50 50 tackle.......
I'm perfectly calm, hence the rationale, unlike the angry lynch mob who can't control their emotions when a player wants to leave.

PRetty sure that only works in England. Hence why you get some dubious transfers of English youth players on frees to never heard of foreign sides, who then sell them to other English sides on the cheap as a way around. Leicester bought George Hirst off Sheffield Wednesday that way iirc
There would be a fee under FIFA's compensation scheme although it would be shite eg below.
https://www.scotsman.com/sport/foot...er-rule-which-benefits-scottish-clubs-1414555

I believe kids refer to this as 'negotiating'. Barca leaked they intend to offer 10M + variables and City come back to leak they value him much higher

There was something about the tenor of Pep's responses and not actually mentioning Barca that made me wonder. Now, makes more sense that they don't intend to be steamrolled by just any offer.

Of course, I can also confirm without any sources needed that there's no way Barca will pay more than 10-15M for a player that is seen as left via the backdoor. Now that Pep confirmed the player will leave, it means it frees the player to respond to questions and if City take a strong stance then Barca will pressure to play things out in the media along with influencing the player to apply pressure too. There's already bad blood there despite professionalism. If you're City you also don't want to alienate potential cantera kids from coming if they sense they will be punished when looking for an exit. No one will want it to drag on until winter when he can sign for free. It's delicate so I do think the messaging reflects that too.

But if it gets played out in the media, well it won't be pretty or good for anyone. A big reason why I still believe it will ultimately go smoothly considering those involved (Puyol, Eric, Pep & Txiki) - City will not want to look foolish and Barca will ultimately let them save some face. Perhaps then 10M will become 15M as a compromise (Along with bonuses) to get it done sooner

You’ve gone from being a non-City fan contributor, to a patronising, rather arrogant intruder. Just for your info, over the last 10 years City have become an established well run club & unlike your club, have no debt. That’s why UEFA members , including your club’s heirarchy tried to get us out of CL.
We’re pretty knowledgeable fans too, so we don’t need your advice.
Contribute to OUR forum but don’t tell us what we should do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.