Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
He is definitely good enough for us. One of the best CB prospects in the world.

Not convinced personally. Certainly very accomplished bringing the ball out, but a lack of power and, especially, pace have to be a concern for someone who will have to do a fair bit of one on one defending up on the halfway line. Also, watch him at corners. He’s like an octopus trying to compensate for a lack of physicality. Happy enough to hang on to him cos he’s a decent footballer, but if a bid of £20m plus came in, I’d have no qualms about selling him either

Evidence please. Club was furious when he left for City 3 years ago, there have been zero published links (Esp. in local papers) until recently
In Britain we do not have a press that releases only the news the club wants you to hear, and every successful player get linked away from us, Garcia was linked away as soon as he hit the bench with Barca the obvious choice,

In Britain we do not have a press that releases only the news the club wants you to hear, and every successful player get linked away from us, Garcia was linked away as soon as he hit the bench with Barca the obvious choice,

Britain has no BS in the media? Wow, how lucky for you - still love to see this alleged evidence

There have been no credible links for his return to Barca until recently, in Spain or elsewhere. And, frankly, it's normal that there have been no links as he arrived as a 16 year old to play under a Barca legend in Pep. Plus, what makes it even more normal for a return link now is his contract, his role, Barca's situation and the knowledge that Pep will not remain at City forever

His lack of pace, strength and height. Oh and he knocks the ball about splendidly against the likes of Watford.

I just don't get it at all. Apart from Pep's comments, I can't see any actual evidence whatsoever of any defensive ability, including the much advertised 'awareness' & reading the game. The stuff about him 'never making mistakes' is total bullshit & Walker/ Laporte have had to leave their areas on numerous occasions to cover him, when he's in the wrong place.

He is very very good at receiving the ball & distribution & obviously intelligent so IF, he could learn to defend, then indeed, he could become something.

But he looks like a def mid playing cb to me.

Not convinced personally. Certainly very accomplished bringing the ball out, but a lack of power and, especially, pace have to be a concern for someone who will have to do a fair bit of one on one defending up on the halfway line. Also, watch him at corners. He’s like an octopus trying to compensate for a lack of physicality. Happy enough to hang on to him cos he’s a decent footballer, but if a bid of £20m plus came in, I’d have no qualms about selling him either

Getting the sense that Barca fans (based on limited sample) rate him very highly.

I have an open mind. His physical attributes are a concern for a team that plays how we do in the EPL. He may be smart enough and technically able enough to mostly overcome them; especially, if he has the right players beside and just in front of him. However, that is not certain and he may be better suited to La Liga.

I said yesterday that I would rather keep Stones at this stage but I am not in any hurry to see Garcia leave. What I do like the idea of is two new centre backs coming in, and if that happens, we need two players to leave.

Ultimately, I am happy to put my faith in Pep on who we should keep.

Getting the sense that Barca fans (based on limited sample) rate him very highly.

I have an open mind. His physical attributes are a concern for a team that plays how we do in the EPL. He may be smart enough and technically able enough to mostly overcome them; especially, if he has the right players beside and just in front of him. However, that is not certain and he may be better suited to La Liga.

I said yesterday that I would rather keep Stones at this stage but I am not in any hurry to see Garcia leave. What I do like the idea of is two new centre backs coming in, and if that happens, we need two players to leave.

Ultimately, I am happy to put my faith in Pep on who we should keep.

I'm happy to keep him too, so long as we are never forced to play him out of neccessity & only do so when we actually want to. Then we'll see what he turns into.

But so far, even if we ingnore the physical aspects, he has been turned inside out several times in situations you would rarely see at PL level. And one was by Danny Wellbeck.

That's not a basis for us assuming he will become G.O.D. at cb.

Back 3 perhaps ?

I just don't get it at all. Apart from Pep's comments, I can't see any actual evidence whatsoever of any defensive ability, including the much advertised 'awareness' & reading the game. The stuff about him 'never making mistakes' is total bullshit & Walker/ Laporte have had to leave their areas on numerous occasions to cover him, when he's in the wrong place.

He is very very good at receiving the ball & distribution & obviously intelligent so IF, he could learn to defend, then indeed, he could become something.

But he looks like a def mid playing cb to me.
Sounding more and more like he is off.

Just wondering if City have pulled off a nice little earner here. They have given Garcia a nice run of games with little at stake and in doing so have boosted his value up considerably.
If Bara want him, which it looks certain they do, it's going to cost them a lot of $, especially as news his contract still has 2 years to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.