Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
:-)
In fairness, I’ve championed bringing Luiz back from the Villa to address that issue.

If we could combine a balance of pace & power in the back 4 plus def mid, I think we would crush everybody. I can accept the odd slouch in there, but in recent times it's seemed like Pep is channeling his inner Frank Clark.

Of course it goes without saying, we also need these guys to be quality on the ball.

Two players for EVERY position will be required next year for each team in the Premier League. Few teams are in position to do that and Liverpool are not one. Chelsea are making a good fist of it and U*shited could. We are in a brilliant shape if we get the centre half and maybe a centre forward but I feel we are moving away from the traditional centre forward with the likes of Sterling, Bernardo and Torres all able to fill that free role up front.

I think that Garcia should look at Brahim Diaz's experience at Madrid.

They courted him relentlessly, gave him a long contract but he has barely played this season (he has had a few injuries to be fair). It is unlikely that he will progress without going out on loan to another club. Garcia may have a similar experience at Barcelona if he moved there whereas, at City, he is getting first team starts over very experienced defenders.

It is interesting that his agent is Carlos Puyol. That should be great for getting advice on how to maximise his potential, play as a "small" defender and develop leadership skills. The downside for us is that Puyol is a Barcelona guy and would probably encourage Eric to move there.

Doubt it,so long as Pep here,puyol a happy guy,when Pep goes different approach

But Lampard has a similar outlook to Pep, outscore the opposition. Great for football unlike Jose
It isn’t though the years Pep teams have won stuff his team have conceded the least. Its just his teams defend by possesion rather than traditional defending. He understands not concedeing is important though he isn’t Keegan like score more than them tactics.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.