Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ake has pulled his guts out for Bournrmouth though. Garcia has done nothing.
Even if you are happy to give your best, you are doing it as an outsider & taking someones shirt.

Leroy was bottom of the pile before he went.
Exactly, as you so clearly put it, it depends on the individual. Unless you know the lad personally, you're in no position to judge him on his character. If he plays or not depends on how he's performing in training, bottom line for me.

Exactly, as you so clearly put it, it depends on the individual. Unless you know the lad personally, you're in no position to judge him on his character. If he plays or not depends on how he's performing in training, bottom line for me.

I'm saying he shouldn't get games in front of players who want to stay & play in the team, irrespective of 'character'. He isn't one of 'us' anymore.

(And he's shite anyway & doesn't deserve a shirt but that's not the discussion)

Our business is winning football matches, if Garcia can help us do so, he plays.

Fair enough, but do you think he’ll start?

He wasn’t good enough even to make the squad when we went to Madrid and has no Champions League experience at all. Our weakness was again cruelly exposed by Arsenal where his lack of pace and communication with Walker were exploited. Real Madrid already know it is in the channel between Walker/whoever that we are frail, see goal in Madrid, so they’ll flood that area with Benzena/Hazard/Valverde/Marcelo or Mendy. I doubt Garcia has the experience, speed, or physicality to help us in this game, but if he can, I’ll be happy to be wrong.

City are fucking livid with Garcia, to put it mildly.

Last month they were pretty certain he had agreed to a new five-year offer and would sort it when the Premier League season was done.

After everything Pep has done for him, playing him every week, that's got to be a bitter pill.

Personally, because we're fans of varying shades of perspective, I'd never let him play for us again, certainly not tomorrow night.

Does it also mean we lose a club trained/home grown body?

I had been told not to write John Stones off just yet and this would support the argument we need to keep him as our only naturally right-sided centre back option.

He has less than two years left on his own deal, so this Garcia announcement certainly gives Stones a strong hand in any negotiations.

Losing Sane hurt

Losing Garcia wont. He is a good player and will do well at Barca/Spanish League but he has no long term future in the premiership.....he neither has the pace or physicality for it and whereas they are not completely essential they do help and if you look at all the very top centre halves whether ours or other teams they all have these aspects to them - Kompany, VVD, Laporte, Terry. He is a grea ball playing centre half but playing in our high line will get roasted by teams playing the ball in behind and over the top

Id snap barca's hands off for 10m - 15m for him - he will develop to be worth more than that but he wont play in the prem league again. No other prem team fighting for the league would have him at centre half

I had been told not to write John Stones off just yet and this would support the argument we need to keep him as our only naturally right-sided centre back option.

He has less than two years left on his own deal, so this Garcia announcement certainly gives Stones a strong hand in any negotiations.
How? He just got benched by a 19 year old. Who could we possibly be bidding against trying to resign John Stones?

City are fucking livid with Garcia, to put it mildly.

Last month they were pretty certain he had agreed to a new five-year offer and would sort it when the Premier League season was done.

After everything Pep has done for him, playing him every week, that's got to be a bitter pill.

Personally, because we're fans of varying shades of perspective, I'd never let him play for us again, certainly not tomorrow night.

Does it also mean we lose a club trained/home grown body?

Sounds like his head was turned in the meantime then...? But then again, surely Barca wouldn't do that...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.