Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who has proposed a lynching? I said don't play him again. Calm down.
Take a look back through this and the Sane thread pal, they're not difficult to spot. It's the same posters judging Garcia's commitment who denounce others making similar character judgements about potential new signings.

You’ve gone from being a non-City fan contributor to a patronising, rather arrogant intruder. Just for your info, over the last 10 years City have become an established well run club & unlike your club, have no debt. That’s why UEFA members , including your club’s heirarchy tried to get us out of CL.
We’re pretty knowledgeable fans too, so we don’t need your advice.
Contribute to OUR forum but don’t tell us what we should do.
This one and Maldeika, Barce and Bayern, arrogant twats the pair of them. They represent their cunnting club’s perfectly

City are fucking livid with Garcia, to put it mildly.

Last month they were pretty certain he had agreed to a new five-year offer and would sort it when the Premier League season was done.

After everything Pep has done for him, playing him every week, that's got to be a bitter pill.

Personally, because we're fans of varying shades of perspective, I'd never let him play for us again, certainly not tomorrow night.

Does it also mean we lose a club trained/home grown body?

I had been told not to write John Stones off just yet and this would support the argument we need to keep him as our only naturally right-sided centre back option.

He has less than two years left on his own deal, so this Garcia announcement certainly gives Stones a strong hand in any negotiations.

Personally i dont mind him going -we can promote THB as he looks decent and give him another season training with the the first team and under Pep and he will be ready.

Stones for me is the better suited to the prem league than Garcia and even though his performances have been poor for the last year I belive if we can get Stones head right we will have the better centre half staying.

We just need to make sure we get 10-15m for Garcia. - put this towards developing and improving the squad further.

Laporte
Ake
Stones
Koulibaly (or plan B )

These are 4 very good options for centre half and we can interchange them to give Stones some time sot get his confidence/focus back

I'm saying he shouldn't get games in front of players who want to stay & play in the team, irrespective of 'character'. He isn't one of 'us' anymore.

(And he's shite anyway & doesn't deserve a shirt but that's not the discussion)
We'll have to agree to disagreeon the top bit but the last bit made me laugh, in a good way. I can completely understand that bit.

We should make it clear to Garcia that if he doesnt leave now then he will spend his season in the reserves/on the bench whenever possible and promote THB ahead of him.

I cant see a year on the bench looking too interesting for Garcia and he will then see how much Barca want him! Force him to foce Barca's hand

Fair enough, but do you think he’ll start?

He wasn’t good enough even to make the squad when we went to Madrid and has no Champions League experience at all. Our weakness was again cruelly exposed by Arsenal where his lack of pace and communication with Walker were exploited. Real Madrid already know it is in the channel between Walker/whoever that we are frail, see goal in Madrid, so they’ll flood that area with Benzena/Hazard/Valverde/Marcelo or Mendy. I doubt Garcia has the experience, speed, or physicality to help us in this game, but if he can, I’ll be happy to be wrong.
Like I've said to another poster it depends on who is performing in training. If he earns the shirt in training, he plays. Likewise if Stones, Otamendi, Harwood-Bellis or Fernandinho earns the shirt, they play. That's for the boss to decide, he sees them everyday in training.

City are fucking livid with Garcia, to put it mildly.

Last month they were pretty certain he had agreed to a new five-year offer and would sort it when the Premier League season was done.

After everything Pep has done for him, playing him every week, that's got to be a bitter pill.

Personally, because we're fans of varying shades of perspective, I'd never let him play for us again, certainly not tomorrow night.

Does it also mean we lose a club trained/home grown body?

I had been told not to write John Stones off just yet and this would support the argument we need to keep him as our only naturally right-sided centre back option.

He has less than two years left on his own deal, so this Garcia announcement certainly gives Stones a strong hand in any negotiations.

I'd have no problem with him staying, if he's not lost his marbles.

But there lies the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.