Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe kids refer to this as 'negotiating'. Barca leaked they intend to offer 10M + variables and City come back to leak they value him much higher

There was something about the tenor of Pep's responses and not actually mentioning Barca that made me wonder. Now, makes more sense that they don't intend to be steamrolled by just any offer.

Of course, I can also confirm without any sources needed that there's no way Barca will pay more than 10-15M for a player that is seen as left via the backdoor. Now that Pep confirmed the player will leave, it means it frees the player to respond to questions and if City take a strong stance then Barca will pressure to play things out in the media along with influencing the player to apply pressure too. There's already bad blood there despite professionalism. If you're City you also don't want to alienate potential cantera kids from coming if they sense they will be punished when looking for an exit. No one will want it to drag on until winter when he can sign for free. It's delicate so I do think the messaging reflects that too.

But if it gets played out in the media, well it won't be pretty or good for anyone. A big reason why I still believe it will ultimately go smoothly considering those involved (Puyol, Eric, Pep & Txiki) - City will not want to look foolish and Barca will ultimately let them save some face. Perhaps then 10M will become 15M as a compromise (Along with bonuses) to get it done sooner
You’re just a glory hunting bellend with no credibilty, you pontificate about Barca as though your mother sprouted you on her knees on Las Ramblas, you’ve read up on the histiry of the club but you will always be a plastic c unt, hope you choke on a toblerone.

phil-jones_2668998k.jpg
I just dont think we could afford him,

City are fucking livid with Garcia, to put it mildly.

Last month they were pretty certain he had agreed to a new five-year offer and would sort it when the Premier League season was done.

After everything Pep has done for him, playing him every week, that's got to be a bitter pill.

Personally, because we're fans of varying shades of perspective, I'd never let him play for us again, certainly not tomorrow night.

Does it also mean we lose a club trained/home grown body?

I had been told not to write John Stones off just yet and this would support the argument we need to keep him as our only naturally right-sided centre back option.

He has less than two years left on his own deal, so this Garcia announcement certainly gives Stones a strong hand in any negotiations.
Nothing like timing as well. Biggest game of the season. I agree, he shouldn’t be in the team tomorrow

You’re just a glory hunting bellend with no credibilty, you pontificate about Barca as though your mother sprouted you on her knees on Las Ramblas, you’ve read up on the histiry of the club but you will always be a plastic c unt, hope you choke on a toblerone.
I know where I’d like to stick that fucking toblerone

Nothing like timing as well. Biggest game of the season. I agree, he shouldn’t be in the team tomorrow
I just hope he wasnt in the plan to be in the team for tomorrow, would be a massive kick in the bollocks if we are changing our plans because of the decision.

We would be bidding against time, one which means Stones will be worth £20m less this time next year if he enters his final year.

He is on big wages, if he knows City don't rate him and no other club would be interested, as you state, he's in a position of strength to let us sweat now in light of Garcia decision.
That's what I mean. He's on big wages and no one is interested at that level. What are we sweating? That he might run down his contract and sign with one of his non-existent suitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.