Eric Garcia to Barcelona

Status
Not open for further replies.
We could always throw a bid in for Smalling :)

phil-jones_2668998k.jpg

It doesn’t stop the ****s lecturing City fans in a City forum. Did you know this Barcelona “fanboy” is actually from fucking Switzerland?

I’ve certainly been aware of his arrogant posts of late - and believed he must be a staunch Barca season ticket holder. Now I know he’s just a plastic nobody, he can do one.

Disappointed, Garcia looks a decent prospect but lacks pace. Certainly will not be the end of the world if he leaves. Give me Tbh everyday of the week, a local lad he wants to play for City.

I will bet you a pound to a penny Barca will not want to pay anything like he is worth. They haven't a pot to piss in but they will end up getting him for peanuts.

Like I've said to another poster it depends on who is performing in training. If he earns the shirt in training, he plays. Likewise if Stones, Otamendi, Harwood-Bellis or Fernandinho earns the shirt, they play. That's for the boss to decide, he sees them everyday in training.

In the ideal world, perhaps, but not in this case. We’d clearly hothoused Garcia with a view to playing him more, perhaps even in this game, and building a long-term relationship with the player. The club has been strung along and now finds itself in a difficult situation; had he said in March that he had no desire to stay he would not have featured and we wouldn’t be going into this game having wasted weeks developing a pointless partnership with Laporte. When something like this happens, you go to the people you trust.

Very dissapointed with the lad especially given the starts by Pep, on the other hand maybe he is aware that a big signing is coming such as KK and has thought he fancies his chances of breaking into Barca's first team. if we do get KK then i would promote Harwood-Bellis, keep Stones and sell Otto.

He's had plenty off the field to distract him, from his break up, to trying to get his house back, bringing up someone else's kid - allegedly Ashley Young's if you believe that sort of chatter, in addition to never staying fit long enough.

For me, Stones is still the most ideally suited player/back up when he is fit and focused.

We don't know where his head is at.

Pep's job to suss it out then.

I don't trust him as a player but I still trust him more than I recon I ever would Garcia, provided he gets his shit together.

If we sign Koulibaly for example, nobody has a better reserve cb than John Stones. It's if he's No1 for next season I'd br worried

I believe kids refer to this as 'negotiating'. Barca leaked they intend to offer 10M + variables and City come back to leak they value him much higher

There was something about the tenor of Pep's responses and not actually mentioning Barca that made me wonder. Now, makes more sense that they don't intend to be steamrolled by just any offer.

Of course, I can also confirm without any sources needed that there's no way Barca will pay more than 10-15M for a player that is seen as left via the backdoor. Now that Pep confirmed the player will leave, it means it frees the player to respond to questions and if City take a strong stance then Barca will pressure to play things out in the media along with influencing the player to apply pressure too. There's already bad blood there despite professionalism. If you're City you also don't want to alienate potential cantera kids from coming if they sense they will be punished when looking for an exit. No one will want it to drag on until winter when he can sign for free. It's delicate so I do think the messaging reflects that too.

But if it gets played out in the media, well it won't be pretty or good for anyone. A big reason why I still believe it will ultimately go smoothly considering those involved (Puyol, Eric, Pep & Txiki) - City will not want to look foolish and Barca will ultimately let them save some face. Perhaps then 10M will become 15M as a compromise (Along with bonuses) to get it done sooner
By the way, fuck off with your 10 million, and comments about Pep - the reason he speaks openly is because he is a decent man with proper standards, unlike your disgusting devious snake of a club. United, Liverpool, Bayern, Barce and Madrid all work to the same shit methods (tap up players in the press, get them to run down contracts, try and pay fuck all for them), gutter clubs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.