City fans writing John Stones off too early?

I’d keep him especially as the money they are talking about seems fck all in the scheme of things but mainly because he’s proved he can play in the system, technically superb & Garcia is off.

Hoping that maybe the Euros next summer will light a fire in him.

He's gone off the rails but there's still a great player in there if he can find the focus.

Definitely 'do or die' for him next season.

All for defending our players but not sure why BM isn't willing to do the same with Otamendi

He may stay if only because he’s English and because this is Fernandinho’s last hurrah. Were it not for that I’d definitely be looking to offload. Constantly injured, confidence is shot, and when he is fit there’s a ludicrous gaffe in him just waiting to get out (such as falling over at Wembley and handing Villa a lifeline). Defining moment of last season for him IMO was that last minute 1 on 1 with Wilfred Zaha at the Etihad, when you knew as soon as the Palace winger got the ball Stones would neither muscle him off it nor prevent him getting a shot/cross in. A shame because he’s not some cart horse incapable of improvement, but he’s been hopelessly unreliable since he got injured at Christmas in 2017 after a decent run in the team

Last edited:
surely he'll stay now if City receive a bid that they deem as value for Garcia

Another reason he will leave is that there's the Euros and WC coming up in the next couple of years and I'd imagine he will want to be starting in these tournaments. If he's not playing it's likely he will be overtaken and possibly dropped.

I wonder if he might be a target for united? They aren't blessed at centre half and ole loves buying British players. Him and Maguire looked good in the WC (I know the standards not amazing) and at the 20m level he could be a good signing. Would we sell him to them?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.